Tour De France ("Breakin"-related)

CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hi!After seeing "Breakin??" again not too long ago, I was reminded of how amazing this scene is

And how amazing the music is! Was this an official version of the song? Is it on a Kraftwerk record or single, or is there a Breakin soundtrack? I went looking for my Tour De France LP, but couldn??t find it, and I can??t really remember if it??s on it or not.Please help, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!Thanks - J

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Kraftwerk's "Tour De France" was released on its own as a 45 and 12", and years later as a CD5. It was not released on an album, and comes in between Computer World/Computerwelt[/b] and The Electric Cafe[/b]. It was not on the Breakin'[/b] soundtrackn on Polygram, nor was Art Of Noise's "Beat Box" (which was also in the film. Maybe their budget only had enough to use Chaka Khan.

However, K-Tel did release an album called Breakdancin[/b], which had nothing to do with the movie or soundtrack album, but happened to be released at the height of mainstream breakdancing acceptance. The K-Tel album has a cover of "Tour De France" that is awful.

• kojackkojack 42 Posts

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Yes, yes it is.

Thanks, guys!

- J

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Kraftwerk's "Tour De France" was released on its own as a 45 and 12", and years later as a CD5. It was not released on an album, and comes in between Computer World/Computerwelt[/b] and The Electric Cafe[/b]. It was not on the Breakin'[/b] soundtrackn on Polygram, nor was Art Of Noise's "Beat Box" (which was also in the film. Maybe their budget only had enough to use Chaka Khan.

Hmmm. Must be the 12" inch then, but with a nice picture cover and stuff. Still can??t find it, I??m going to have to go search.

Once again thanks

- J

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts