Heartbreak in the post - broken Sylvers LP...

TomOTomO 169 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I get up early, cycle into work - feeling good about myself and this week in general.In the post, I get:Jimmy Ponder - Illusions - classic jazz funk. (Good so far)Jerry Butler - Sweet Sixteen - great soul. (Even better so far - this is going to be a great week).Jimmy Smith - Sit On It - incredible jazz funk. Jimmy on Hammond, Herbie, Abe Laboriel - wow. And production by Eugene McDaniels. I'm not sure it gets any better. (I'm right - this is going to be a great week).And finally - the last package. I already know what it will be. Looks well protected - record sandwiched by two lots of corrugated cardboard either side, but the dufus didn't line up the layers perpendicular, allowing it to be bent quite easily on one plane.I open it up, and find: IMG SRC="http://h1.ripway.com/kozmigroover/Sylvers.jpg" WIDTH=600>Anybody got any advice on glueing broken records back together - it's a clean split. Otherwise maybe my tears will help stick it back together again.It's going to be a shit week...

Comments

• It's a wrap. But on the bright side, that LP is by far the cheapest and easiest to find out of their 3 LP's on Pride. It'll turn up again.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    that LP is by far the cheapest and easiest to find out of their 3 LP's on Pride. It'll turn up again.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I get up early, cycle into work - feeling good about myself and this week in general.
    In the post, I get:
    Jimmy Ponder - Illusions - classic jazz funk. (Good so far)

Jerry Butler - Sweet Sixteen - great soul. (Even better so far - this is going to be a
    great week).

Jimmy Smith - Sit On It - incredible jazz funk. Jimmy on Hammond, Herbie, Abe Laboriel - wow. And production by Eugene McDaniels. I'm not sure it gets any better. (I'm right - this is going to be a great week).

And finally - the last package. I already know what it will be. Looks well protected - record sandwiched by two lots of corrugated cardboard either side, but the dufus didn't line up the layers perpendicular, allowing it to be bent quite easily on one plane.

I open it up, and find:
    IMG SRC="http://h1.ripway.com/kozmigroover/Sylvers.jpg" WIDTH=600>

Anybody got any advice on glueing broken records back together - it's a clean split. Otherwise maybe my tears will help stick it back together again.
    It's going to be a shit week...

Refund!!!!, Damn was the package stamped fragile item??!!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    that LP is by far the cheapest and easiest to find out of their 3 LP's on Pride. It'll turn up again.

Yeah, why don't you just post up a want in the trades section, I'm sure somebody will come through with that pretty quickly.

I still need III.