Nice smelling pro-audio equipment?

OrangeYoghurtOrangeYoghurt 210 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Yo Raer-hunters and would be big producers.I noticed pro-audio equipment (some does anyway) has this strange but otherwise unique and (mind me saying) nice smell to them.Like for instance, my pair of 'Event TR8XL-speakers' constantly fire this 'unique sweet smell' through their Bassports right at me! Its kinda like having a 'Pro-Audio-Pot-Pourri' in yer home (can't explain otherwise) :PSo, anyone know what I'm talking about or is it just me?? :PGo ahead and have a smell at yer dyn-audios or Akai sampler/mixing desk whatever.(The SP-12/00 has this same smell Im talking about coming from it's rear-end)*So how does your Equipment smell? *And anyone perhaps know what it is??(My technics 1200 do not have this smell tho.. /sad)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    its plastic and pcb laden wire being warmed up and slowly releasing toxic phenols

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    its plastic and pcb laden wire being warmed up and slowly releasing toxic phenols

Yeah what he said, I'm assuming the speakers are new? The smell will go away in a couple months if they are. Somebody once told me that the chemicals released are similar to the ones in the ozone layer. I have no idea if that's true or not.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    ozone! they use it in plastics manufacturing.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    how does your Equipment smell?

I don't think we can go any further.

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

"jumping the shark" has jumped the shark.

• its plastic and pcb laden wire being warmed up and slowly releasing toxic phenols

So I just shortened my lifes span by inhaling this stuff?
    (the things you pay for some Zen)
    Btw. I know a girl who lives around here who also goes by the name of Kala
    Didn't know it was also used for boys :P

Anyhow it's a stupid topic, I'll be sure to shut my mouth until I have something really interesting to say