PIZZA

2»

Comments

• vic's....bradley beach, NJ..old school italian style on da shore..thin crust...nuff said

Pres...
    You gott hit Federici's in Freehold. They got the Central Jersey thin crust on LOCK.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The other day I had lunch with a co-worker who told me that he was a pizza enthusiast. Went on for quite a while about how much he likes it. So, natrually my next question was "Where's the best place in Philly?"

His answer..?

"Oh, for sure - PIZZA HUT[/b]!!"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

A HREF="http://www.delorenzospizza.com/" target="new">end of discussion/A>

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

I fuck with Arinells in the Bay pretty much exclusively.

I lived a couple of floors above that bitch for 2 years and seeing how that place operates behind the scenes...I can't see how anyone could possibly eat that crizap.

We used to always go down the street to Piro's for a good, more santitary pizza pie. Salerno was also a favorite.

In Austin, although I've got some loyalty towards Conan's, Brick Oven, and Mangia, the best pizza I've had down here as of late came from Rounder's.

My favorite pizza place in the world is in Huntington Beach, CA at the corner of Brookhurst and Bushard. It's called Massimo's and beyond the awesome pizza I'd advice anyone to consult a Mafia sandwich.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Ive said this dozens of times. Living in NY all my life I have ventured for great pizza and hands down (and not just saying it because i live a few blocks away) DIFARA is the number one pizza.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Ive said this dozens of times. Living in NY all my life I have ventured for great pizza and hands down (and not just saying it because i live a few blocks away) DIFARA is the number one pizza.

Fuck I just amped myself up. Im heading over there. There goes the beach body I was looking for. Unless we're talking about the beached seal that washed up on coney island this weekend. thanks bitches

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    There's this hippy pizza up in Eugene, OR from the Pizza Reserach Institute where if you order the chef's special you get everything they've got in their kitchen that day...anything from artichoke hearts to asparagus to little corn spears to a glob of mashed potatoes...sounds crazy but in the right frame of mind it's really damned good.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    in la and surrounding valley there are a few spots.

joe peeps pizza on whitsett and magnolia.. order the blue collar pizza.

abbot kinney pizza on abbot kinney.

d'amanicos on magnolia and coldwater i think..its a chain there are a few in la

angelinos on 3rd and robertson.. this is the closest to authentic italian pizza i have had in los angeles.

millies pizza in silverlake used to be the ish until they shut it down and turned it a french cafe...fuckin hipsters.

• millies pizza in silverlake used to be the ish until they shut it down and turned it a french cafe...fuckin hipsters.

truth. damn dude, why you got to make me remember that.

la rizza's is the only place for pizza in the lbc. sooooo good.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

millies pizza in silverlake used to be the ish until they shut it down and turned it a french cafe...fuckin hipsters.

FUCK!!!!!!!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

i heard the old guy used to pack heat behind that counter...

the pizza is as hell...i love that place

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Contest over! New Haven, Connecticut Pizza is hands down, bar none, the best pizza ever created on gods green earth.

New Haven: the birthplace of American pizza

In the early years of the 20th century (the Pizza Legend goes) Frank Pepe immigrated to New Haven, where he created the first American pizza by putting tomatoes on top of old bake-shop bread. His creation was so successful that in 1925 Pepe opened his first pizzeria on Wooster Street. By 1938, business was booming, the whole family was involved, and Pepe's nephew Sal Consiglio split off and opened his own pizzeria, Sally's.

brick oven 4ife

Word the fuck up. Speaking of New Haven (or should I say "N'aven," or possibly Pistol Wavin' New Haven?) birthplaces, you ever hit up Louis Lunch, aka the "birthplace of the burger joint," aka the Burger Nazi (no J*sh D*vis controversial statement)? I went there a couple times--fortunately I had been warned ahead of time not to ask for ketchup, so I didn't get yelled at for that. A burger on toast with Cheez Whiz never tasted so good.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i heard the old guy used to pack heat behind that counter...

wouldn't surprise me.

i like how it's set up so you have to walk straight through the kitchen to get to the bathroom.

the pizza is as hell...i love that place

yep!

• this thread is awsome... but the best pizza, by far....... is.....

HOMEMADE!!!!!!!

I MADE THIS ONE:

Dough made from scratch[/b] (bread machine makes it rise real nice!)

Prociutto
    FRESH mozzarella,
    FRESH BASIL
    FRESH garlic
    FRESH anchovies (well, not entirely fresh, but NOT the ones from a can either!)
    basic tomato sauce, but not too much of it.
    Jalapeno peppers

baked ON PIZZA STONE!!!!!

best pizza ever... un-fuck-with-able

while on tour we got pizza from pizzapapilis in detroit. my vote for the heaviest fucking pizza ever. the shit was seriously heavy, AND we got to wash it down with some vernor's ginger ale. detroit stand up!

• more pizza:

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    Gaspare's in the richmond district of san francisco be killin' shit... please believe!

I see your Gaspare's and raise you a ZACHARY'S DEEP DISH!!!! Berkeley/Oakland stand up. Little Star Pizza in SF ain't bad either.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Anybody from Indianapolis knows Bazbeaux is the spot, fuck some guy's pizza.

jpg edit

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I hit Massimo's on College St. for my T-Dot pizza.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    who has the best?

In long beach it would be the long beach pizza company on broadway.

• who has the best?

In long beach it would be the long beach pizza company on broadway.

ya, if you want some fancy gourmet hippie pizza maybe. the real deal is la rizzas on 7th.

hippie pizza? do you get patchouli on that as well?

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

COSIGN - best pizza in the world hands down. i'd always stop there when commuting from Providence to NYC. Now I live in LA were the best pizza is Mulberry's which is ok - but could never hang with any good spot back east.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts

COSIGN - best pizza in the world hands down. i'd always stop there when commuting from Providence to NYC. Now I live in LA were the best pizza is Mulberry's which is ok - but could never hang with any good spot back east.

mullberrys is decent doesnt make my list though. i ate on the one off ventura for a while because it was basically across the street from my work. there is one in beverly hills too i think.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    any torontonians in this here? i know there's a lot...anyone around the parts of missisauga? cause i've heard there's indian pizza joints where the put an indian twist on it, like put strips of tandoori chicken on it and stuff, id love to try this. oh and if you know what "naan" is, i once had a naan pizza, it was like listening to stevie wonder for the first time with my taste buds.

Don't know any joints out in mississauga... but I'd love to know where you had that naan pizza!!! Naan is the shit. Just the other night I was eating some chana masala, naan, and chicken tikka from a dope little indian spot at Carlton and Sherbourne, called New Diamond Restaurant. Cabbies love it, partially because it's open 'til like 5 am or something. Atmosphere is shite... so take out is recommended.

holmes you know what is outrageously phucking ridiculous? last thursday i went to the antibalas concert right at the phoneix, met up with someone and we wanted to grab a bite. i wasnt to familiar with the area, so i said lets walk down sherbourne, we hit carelton and i spy at the corner of my eye some restaurant sign. its phreakn 12, so a lots of things aren't open so we check it out and bang, its the exact place you're talking about! crazy small world! and the naans were great!

the naan pizza thing i had was at some joint in Ajax, kinda out of the neigborhood, and it was called somethign like Mount Everest Restaurant.

Just got some info from a brownie, for the indian pizza, check out McLaughlin/RayLawson - Poplar Pizza, and ask for the "punjabi style" (w/ garlic/ginger/green chillis). i have yet to try it, but will soon.

im still freaked out u mentioned that place i went to last thursday.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Nizarios on Geary ain't half bad.Anybody been fucking with The frozen California Pizza Kitchen Thin crust.It ain't the real thing,but damn,it's kind of tasty.What do I know,I like Chevy's for Mexican!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    What do I know,I like Chevy's for Mexican!

no disrispecfellatin but methinks you need more authentic mexican cooking in your life

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Amici('s)...no contest

• The other day I had lunch with a co-worker who told me that he was a pizza enthusiast. Went on for quite a while about how much he likes it. So, natrually my next question was "Where's the best place in Philly?"

His answer..?

"Oh, for sure - PIZZA HUT[/b]!!"

That's because philly is the home of the god-damn worst excuses for pizza ever!
    Stick with the cheesesteaks.