sun ra jazz in silhouette

JroamJroam 257 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I hid a copy of this yesterday and am trying to do some research on this lp. the one i saw looks like this and you can tell it was handpainted. the vinyl is in horrible condition(though no skipping) along with the sleeve because it looked like some little girl lightly traced the letters with pink pen and added a couple of her own small drawings on the cover. I'm not too familiar with sun ra's works, though i do respect the man. should i let this be or buy some 5 dollar wall art?

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I hid a copy of this yesterday and am trying to do some research on this lp. the one i saw looks like this and you can tell it was handpainted. the vinyl is in horrible condition(though no skipping) along with the sleeve because it looked like some little girl lightly traced the letters with pink pen and added a couple of her own small drawings on the cover. I'm not too familiar with sun ra's works, though i do respect the man. should i let this be or buy some 5 dollar wall art?

That's my favorite Sun Ra record and a definite good starting point. Comparitvely straight ahead, regarding his later work, but with some very advanced modal playing for the time.

BUY or tell me where you hid it.