It's got to have been at least a week since....

JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
....the last Winehouse thread so here you go:
Winehouse in hospital after suspected 'drugs collapse'Amy Winehouse was rushed to hospital in the early hours of yesterday morning, after what some are calling a "drugs collapse".The 23-year-old singer is reported to have arrived at University College Hospital in London at 1am in a state of semi-consciousness. She is then reported to have had her stomach pumped and been administered an adrenaline shot.The singer's label, Island Records, are blaming the singer's collapse on "severe exhaustion", saying, "Amy was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and has been advised to take complete rest. Scheduled performances in Norway and Denmark this week have been cancelled."However, the Sun is reporting that the collapse was attributable to a drugs overdose and quotes a witness at the hospital as saying: "She was falling over and stumbling around. She didn't look well at all."The state of Winehouse's health and sobriety has been the source of tabloid and industry gossip for some time. Her extreme weight loss over the last 18 months, coupled with the declining quality of her increasingly inebriated live performances has prompted speculation that the singer suffers from more serious issues than alcoholism.This has not been helped by a recent habit of pulling out of performances at the eleventh hour. When asked about the cancelled gigs in an interview, Winehouse said: "I know it's last-minute and a bit irresponsible." She added, "But I'm a perfectionist and would rather reschedule a show than do it half-heartedly."Winehouse is now reported to be resting at home.
I wish I could get days of work after drinking sessions with the severe exhaustation excuse.

Comments