it’s friday, whatcha drinkin?

2»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Act like you know....

grisly ass mountain man

LOL! You know this brand Shig? It's from Hokkaido. Nice Nihonshu hommie!

ha ha! no, i dont think so. i usually went for the cheap shit out of the vending machines or whatever crappy house sake the izakaya was serving.

honestly, sake is the only type of alcohol that will make me one of them redface asian dudes. which is why i usually stuck with the suntory.

ps
    america needs more izakayas.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

ps
    america needs more izakayas.

Yes America does need more Izakayas! One of the reasons I love my hood is that we have an Izakaya accross the street!!! Yakitori, Tsukune, Gyu-Tan, Yaki onigiri, Teshoku, Ramen, Hiyashi chuka in the summer, Nihonshu, Shochu, Kirin on tap. DOPE SPOT! Nothing NEAR as good as Nihon no Izakaya, but VERY NICE to have in the hood.

I bet Yuichi gets MAD at me for posting this if he is still at work!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Act like you know....

man, i really dont. i have only had sake a couple of times and i really havent formed a solid opinion about it or a decent knowledge of whats good. school me.

Go to school hommie. Here is a GREAT site with everything to get you started....

www.sake-world.com

school is in session, thanks.

OH SHIT!

dude, what was that one called? i remember the character on their mugs. there was another one with a dude on the cups that looked like a fat gene shallit. you know what im talking about?

yeah, anyways, get out of here with your gyu-tan. nasty nasty nasty. almost as bad as them lil chicken cartilege mcnuggets. gomi.

OH SHIT!

dude, what was that one called? i remember the character on their mugs. there was another one with a dude on the cups that looked like a fat gene shallit. you know what im talking about?

yeah, anyways, get out of here with your gyu-tan. nasty nasty nasty. almost as bad as them lil chicken cartilege mcnuggets. gomi.

Just for you Shig..

GYU TAN ON BLAST!!!!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    its a creeper. be careful.

The unfilterd can really get you. It's so smooth and creamy and sweet you can just chug it and the next thing you know your hammerd. Plus, when they give you those little glasses it's easy to lose track of how much your drinking. One place up here gives you a shot glass and I just hit one every few minutes not really thinking how much I'm drinking until my head starts humming. If I'm drinking it at home I always use a juice galss so I pay attention to how much I'm drinking. It's funny cuz my roomate and I would drink a whole bottle at the resuraunt with shot glasses and the same bottle would last 2-3 days at the crib.

OH SHIT!

The one I posted the menu from is Tsubohachi. I don't remember the other one you are talking about. The other chain we used to always go to is Tengu:

www.teng.co.jp

www.tsubohachi.co.jp

HOW DARE YOU!

here, thisll help

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    man i used to use those for sitr fries with pork and chicken...

noooyce!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i just tried red bull and vodka for the first time...dont see the big deal, what do u have to do, drink 5 of them?

chan, that shit became a mission to me but i finally found what i was talking about. the place is called shirakiya. see the lil gene shallit lookin dude. anyways, tengu was much better but all the kogals and yamambas hung out at shirakiya so that's where your dude was.

chan, that shit became a mission to me but i finally found what i was talking about. the place is called shirakiya. see the lil gene shallit lookin dude. anyways, tengu was much better but all the kogals and yamambas hung out at shirakiya so that's where your dude was.

I remember that place now!

http://www.monteroza.co.jp/new_www/gyotai/sirokiya/sirokiya.html#top

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    anything & everything, last night to drink w/ boys before & start gettin fucked up w/ paycheck, delay, & bam on the east coast....

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    anything & everything, last night to drink w/ boys before & start gettin fucked up w/ paycheck, delay, & bam[/b] on the east coast....

bam only fucks with pot loads of Coffee ... I guess enough of it will fuck someone up.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    About to watch Assault on Precinct 13 with wifey then go out for drinks with my manses.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    word Izakayas are da bomb. but the money adds up quick doesn't it??!

• Options
    I mixed some drank, now I'm gonna go steal a boat.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    playing a show tonight so whatever is free. Hopefully porter.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

Traditional German Beer Fish[/b]

This traditional recipe has a sauce combining sweet, sour, and spicy flavors. The traditional recipe uses carp, but other fish may be substituted.

1 whole carp (2???3 lbs. with head)
    2 T butter
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 celery stalk, chopped
    1/2 t salt
    6 peppercorns
    3 whole cloves
    4 slices lemon
    1 bay leaf
    1 bottle Capital Wisconsin Amber
    6 gingersnaps, crushed
    1 T sugar
    Fresh parsley for garnish
    Remove head from fish and reserve for making fish stock for other recipes. Lay fish out as flat as possible, breaking bones along back.

Melt butter in a skillet. Add onion, celery, salt, peppercorns, & cloves and mix. Top with lemon slices and bay leaf. Place fish on top. Add beer. Cover and simmer 15???20 minutes, or just until fish flakes with fork.

Transfer fish to platter, cover with foil to keep warm. Strain cooking liquid, pressing some of the vegetables through. Put gingersnaps and sugar in skillet, and stir in 1 1/2 cups strained liquid.

Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Garnish fish with parsley. Pass sauce for pouring over fish and boiled potatoes as side dish.

Makes 4???6 servings.

[color:red]ONLY IN WISCONSIN[/color][/b]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts