omens/magical realism/poetry/bird photos/folklore

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
about three weeks ago while on the phone with jinx, i heard a cry and found this on the ground in front of my blocked off fireplace. it disappeared from the small box i placed it in outside on the veranda. the local cat living underneath the house must've got it.what a freaky thing it is to find this pink mound of flesh on my floor.life is bizarre. i can't help to feel that something like this is an omen of sorts, folkloric. a man gave me a clock two weeks later on the street that was a cheap party favor that counts down the months/days/hours/minutes til your wedding day. the clock he gave me counts forward in time- each day further from the date. some magical realism in the world.that's all.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• the clock he gave me counts forward in time- each day further from the date.

forward in time??.... you mean... like a REGULAR clock????

lay off the weed

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    NOLA juju got your mind trippin son...
    That place is a fucking nexus of weird energy, goddamn. A bowl shaped depression of the absurd.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    about three weeks ago while on the phone with jinx, i heard a cry and found this on the ground in front of my blocked off fireplace.

it disappeared from the small box i placed it in outside on the veranda. the local cat living underneath the house must've got it.

what a freaky thing it is to find this pink mound of flesh on my floor.

life is bizarre.

"That's fucked up"[/b]

hey ari didn't you have a hole in your floor or something as well with shit or something coming out of it a year ago?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the clock he gave me counts forward in time- each day further from the date.

forward in time??.... you mean... like a REGULAR clock????

lay off the weed

but does not tell time. just counts forward time from the wedding.

I have taken into consideration the second recommendation.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    a hole w/ sewer flies emerging.

cracks with slugs uprising.

wings fluttering while falling a asleep and a bird flies by while on the phone.

now baby bird.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Someone tryna put that VooDoo on ya' son. Better consult Ms. Cleo on the double.

• a hole w/ sewer flies emerging.

now baby bird.

just realize that these things are all part of Nature, and are therefore not Supernatural.

You seem to have a disconnect with the reality around you... go for a walk in the park. Lay down in tall grass, close your eyes and listen to what's around you.

You do not exist in a vacuum - there is a whole world inhabiting the same space/ time as you...

I'm sure there's a logical explanation to your experiences... if you're mind closed to logic, you've been had.

just chill, that's all...

• i thought this thread was gonna be about

• i thought this thread was gonna be about

dude, i was looking for that icon when that Black Sabbath thread was going on!!!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    a hole w/ sewer flies emerging.

now baby bird.

just realize that these things are all part of Nature, and are therefore not Supernatural.

You seem to have a disconnect with the reality around you... go for a walk in the park. Lay down in tall grass, close your eyes and listen to what's around you.

You do not exist in a vacuum - there is a whole world inhabiting the same space/ time as you...

I'm sure there's a logical explanation to your experiences... if you're mind closed to logic, you've been had.

just chill, that's all...

i was not asking for psychoanalysis. but i know you meant well.

have you ever been to new orleans? one becomes accustomed to all sorts of things that fall w/in the category of irrational/absurd or perhaps there is the category of oppressive.

there are logical explanations to things, but always meanings underneath meanings. the world is boring to read at face level. even things like analyzing data has no meaning unless it is applied and then uncovered.

The world is not always rational at all.

i do not exist in a vacuum . i know how all these creatures enter into my world. but the timing and factors surrounding events are not data points in a graph.

just having fun that's all.

paging dr. gupta.

• is coo.. I went a bit overboard - sorry about the psychoanalysis crap... I was talking outta my ass

I've never been to NOLA... are there really zombies there?

I'm actually really fascinated by omens/magical realism/poetry/bird photos/folklore etc. ever read Crowley's "Book 4"?