The FIRST concert you ever went to

2»

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Anthrax opening up for Ozzy at the New Haven Coliseum in, I believe, 1989. It was Ozzy's 40th birthday (they dropped Ozzy balloons). At the time, I was honestly there to see Anthrax but, of course, Ozzy completely blew my middle school mind. The only Ozzy move I remember him pulling was wearing a pair of panties (that some admiring young lady threw up to him) on his head. Classic show.

The next year I saw Metallica on their And Justice For All tour with Queensryche. Queensryche was pretty much booed off the stage. Metallica worked my headbanging muscles to a fever frenzy.

• boodooboodoo 28 Posts
    Joan Jett and the BlackHearts 82

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think I was about 10 or 11 years old. Went to Day On The Green at the Oakland Coliseum. They use to have these yearly Rock shows during the summer called that. This one featured Journey and Loverboy as the two top headliners. That was the first time I'd seen people on drugs and there were all these people passing out and being taken out on stretchers.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I must have been about 7 or 8, Men At Work...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Loggins & Messina's last concert, HIC, Honolulu, 1976

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    ABBA, Paramount Theater, first North American Tour, Sept. 18th, 1979[/b]. I was actually in the concert as part of a children's choir that sang two songs with the band. Totally awesome. I've been hooked ever since.

• The beach boys at the Kern County Fair. Random black guy in oversized clown sunglasses doing the Fat Boys part of Wipeout.

Actually- now that I think about it, it may have been the Oak Ridge boys at an amusement park when I was really young. I remember being confused because I assumed the bass singer would be fat like in cartoons, but he was not fat. This was around the time that Elvira was popular.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    My folks took me with them to see Sha Na Na when I was in the 4th grade...

but I guess my first concert, of my own choosing, was Quiet Riot and Accept,1983 or 84...

• Black Sabbath, Born Again tour with Ian Gillan singing, 3/1/84 at the Palace in Albany. Helix opened (!).

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    My folks took me with them to see Sha Na Na when I was in the 4th grade...

I saw Sha Na Na at the same hockey rink I played hockey in all the time. Probably about the time they had their TV show. They were a lot of fun!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    First that I chose to go to was Sting "Dream Of The Blue Turtles" tour, 1985

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    12 yrs old, Duran Duran, Maple Leaf Gardens - parents dropped me off and picked me up. Other than the screaming girls all around me that toally interfered with my properly hearing and enjoying the songs, I had an amazing time. Their first record still sounds good to me. What?

• shomshom 31 Posts
    Souls of Mischief and Casual
    at the Party Centre in Toronto.

I even went to a day time signing event at HMV

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Party Centre in Toronto.

many good times spent there

• Aerosmith with Dokken in 1986, St. Paul Civic Center. I had no idea what was going on and was pretty much terrified. My dad picked us up at 11pm, after about 1/3 of Aerosmith's set.

• Joe Public and Cece Peniston in like '92? I was 10 or 11 and had been to Greek concerts, but I'm pretty sure that was the first show I went to in the states other than Showbiz Pizza (robotic ensemble).

?

YOU GOT TO LIVE AND LEARN! i loved joe public and cece peniston.