El Cantante da Movie

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
any Fania headz peep the Movie playing in only few theaters?!??!?this movie is definitly a classic without the mainstream appeal.Marc Anthony did his thing!I recommend!

Comments

• Yeah, I was impressed. It exceeded my expectations, which weren't that high, but still. Mark can act (and sing). Music (recreations of classics) was bangin. Definitely some cheesy business too (the impressionistic subtitles for song lyrics, obvious non 70's details, J-lo in general). I heard the whole thing was shot in 30 days too.

Overall I recommend for any fans though. Cool to see Pacheco and Willie Colon represented in film.

made me wonder though, when is there gonna be a portrayal of the healthy and happy artist that is also successful??? does it exist???

• Yeah, I was impressed. It exceeded my expectations, which weren't that high, but still. Mark can act (and sing). Music (recreations of classics) was bangin. Definitely some cheesy business too (the impressionistic subtitles for song lyrics, obvious non 70's details, J-lo in general). I heard the whole thing was shot in 30 days too.

Overall I recommend for any fans though. Cool to see Pacheco and Willie Colon represented in film.

made me wonder though, when is there gonna be a portrayal of the healthy and happy artist that is also successful??? does it exist???

the music definitly gave me the chills remembering my childhood,and ruben blades also surprising to see.But if there was one thing that struck me about the film,it was when Willie was telling Hector that MERENGUE is going to bury Salsa...thats definitly one to grow one.they shouldve of aleast did a scene with a yankee stadium concert.peace out