geeky saba label question

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Geeky euro jazz label question: Anybody know which saba label pressings had a "tree" and which were originally pressed sans-tree? (same pink "saba" label, no MPS) The switch had to come around 67... but I'm not sure which got a "tree" label press and which didn't... for instance my tony scott djanger bali doesn't have a tree and I'm wondering if it's a close second press. thanks all

Comments

• Euro-help needed... put down your ghost bumps!

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Geeky euro jazz label question: Anybody know which saba label pressings had a "tree" and which were originally pressed sans-tree? (same pink "saba" label, no MPS)

The switch had to come around 67... but I'm not sure which got a "tree" label press and which didn't... for instance my tony scott djanger bali doesn't have a tree and I'm wondering if it's a close second press. thanks all

Never seen a tree-label Tony Scott. I think Out Of The Background by Francy Boland is the latest release with a tree-label that I've seen, and that came out in February 1967.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    So...if the record was originally released pre-1967 and it appears without the tree-label, then I guess that would make it a second pressing. This might, or might not, be the TRUTH.

• Geeky euro jazz label question: Anybody know which saba label pressings had a "tree" and which were originally pressed sans-tree? (same pink "saba" label, no MPS)

The switch had to come around 67... but I'm not sure which got a "tree" label press and which didn't... for instance my tony scott djanger bali doesn't have a tree and I'm wondering if it's a close second press. thanks all

Never seen a tree-label Tony Scott. I think Out Of The Background by Francy Boland is the latest release with a tree-label that I've seen, and that came out in February 1967.

Thanks!!

• proteusproteus 77 Posts
    Geeky euro jazz label question: Anybody know which saba label pressings had a "tree" and which were originally pressed sans-tree? (same pink "saba" label, no MPS)

Thanks!!

Both Tony Scott and Boland LPs came out on SABA and then later as an MPS second issue. I've also seen Boland MPS French issues.