How many people are sober?

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
?

Comments

• hungoversober.

hurtin' ta day.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Was pretty much forced into going to my first electroclash party, and then ambient music under the freeway until 4:30am. I had fun though. Slept at 7. I'm pretty much useless today.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    always? or just today?

• i did manage to motivate to friend's house for brunch; they made wild boar bacon. Hell yes, that was great.

i'm pretty worthless on the crossword puzzle today, though...i'm lying on the couch watching Independence Day instead...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    always? or just today?

In daily life, not just today.

i did manage to motivate to friend's house for brunch; they made wild boar bacon. Hell yes, that was great.

i'm pretty worthless on the crossword puzzle today, though...i'm lying on the couch watching Independence Day instead...

laugh out loud at "Independence Day".

I'd love to try boar meet!

• i did manage to motivate to friend's house for brunch; they made wild boar bacon. Hell yes, that was great.

imma type this, and then stop the highjack...

the boar was wonderful...great mix of crispy meat and chewy fat. definitely recommend trying it.

ID4 might be my favorite lazy sunday movie of all time.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I hate that movie.

Except for when Harvey Firestein goes "OH, CRAP."

That was classic.

i did manage to motivate to friend's house for brunch; they made wild boar bacon. Hell yes, that was great.

imma type this, and then stop the highjack...

the boar was wonderful...great mix of crispy meat and chewy fat. definitely recommend trying it.

That is fresh.

Yo, in fact I think they actually make soups out in the rural areas of places like Japan with boar meat. It always looks sooo damn good on t.v.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Was pretty much forced into going to my first electroclash party, and then ambient music under the freeway until 4:30am. I had fun though. Slept at 7. I'm pretty much useless today.

Yo Yuichi were you at that 6pm to 6am ambient thing?

We had a house party here last night and peoples kept coming back and forth from it saying it was dope.

What did you think?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    always? or just today?

In daily life, not just today.

I've been practicing extreme moderation lately. Cats that know me off the board usually know that in the past they would of found me stoned during most social outings, now that I'm getting up into my late 20's and I've seen what drug/ alcohol overuse & abuse can do to people I've put myself on something like a diet.

Ain't bought weed in almost 3 months now. But I'm thinking I may want to have some on hand in the near future

Yo Yuichi were you at that 6pm to 6am ambient thing?

We had a house party here last night and peoples kept coming back and forth from it saying it was dope.

What did you think?

Me and my two hipster friends dragged me to this after the Electroclash thing and I can truly say that it was fresh to def. People in their late 20s, early 30s sleeping on huge blankets underneath the freeway, zoning out to some trippy visuals. With just enough hippy vibe.

There was also this huge indoor area with randomass art and some dudes spinning ambient shit. It was quite dope. I talked to them for a bit, they were hella cool.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    You're a hippy raver now, Yuichi? Damn son!

Sometimes it pays off to "go with the flow".

Sometimes it pays off to "go with the flow".

INDEED

Drank on a Sunday Afternoon? Yes plaese.

you all must now deal

?

= no

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    ?
    Yes

• dayday 9,611 Posts

^^^THASSS RIIIIGHT

Thanks, I just inhaled my beer cos of that clip. What a classy dame. In pink, no less.

MILTON RULES ALL.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

PS, right?

And in regards to your question:

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

And in regards to your question:

As well. 20+ years.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    i've been flirting with the idea lately. I don't do drugs, but I would classify myself as having somewhat of a drinking problem. I dont drink everyday, and have no trouble having a night without booze. If I do drink, however, I would say there is maybe am 85 percent chance im gonna drink enough to black out at least the last 2-3 hours of my night. Its fuckin horrible. I can't get "Buzzed". Its just not in my makeup. Being part Irish, and with alcs and addicts on both sides of the family tree, ive got a pretty high tolerance. most times I cant feel the effects until Ive had about 5 or 6 double vodka anythings, at which point i black out and drink who knows how much more. Getting the whole moderation thing down is fuckin hard.

But being sober seems so...

So fucking boring, right??

[i]Shorty let me tell you 'bout my only vice
    It's got to with lots of lovin'[/b] and it ain't nothin' nice

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i've been flirting with the idea lately. I don't do drugs, but I would classify myself as having somewhat of a drinking problem. I dont drink everyday, and have no trouble having a night without booze. If I do drink, however, I would say there is maybe am 85 percent chance im gonna drink enough to black out at least the last 2-3 hours of my night. Its fuckin horrible. I can't get "Buzzed". Its just not in my makeup. Being part Irish, and with alcs and addicts on both sides of the family tree, ive got a pretty high tolerance. most times I cant feel the effects until Ive had about 5 or 6 double vodka anythings, at which point i black out and drink who knows how much more. Getting the whole moderation thing down is fuckin hard.

But being sober seems so...

So fucking boring, right??

i can relate to this...issues with moderation. i've made a new rule for myself, 3 drinks and then a soda/water. seems to do the trick

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    not really. gave up beer to deflate, starting drinking wine instead. stopped drinking when alone starting a week ago, now only drink socially cause think i started to rely on it too much to cope with stress. only prob now is that i'm officially not a social smoker anymore and my caffeine intake has skyrocketed.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    SOBER. since 1988.
    and i probably am pretty boring to other people... yet, i am rarely ever bored or unhappy. there's a lesson to be learned there somewhere...

yet, i am rarely ever bored or unhappy. there's a lesson to be learned there somewhere...

Egg. Zackly.

• After not being sober for most of high school...I've been sober for about ten years now. It's not a hard and fast rule, but I've seen how addiction has ruined lives close to me, including my own. For this reason I have no urge to return to that life.

• Sober since day one.

Sober since day one.

For real?! I thought I was the only one!

When you tell people you don't drink, do they automatically assume you don't drink ANYMORE, suggesting that you may have had a problem at some point? I ALWAYS get that. Then when I tell 'em "no, I mean NEVER" they all look at me like I'm a freak.