›

Spoonie Gee ORG Check

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Picked up a copy of Spoonin' Rap today.Can anyone tell me what's in the run out.I'm trying to figure out if it's an ORG.Thanks!

  Comments


  • bull_oxbull_ox 5,055 Posts
    Here's a pic of one that TSL sold as OG, I'd trust they would know... I don't know if any later issues were yellow-label (or if all OGs were yellow for that matter...)


  • f/w NYC HP on the run out grooves...

  • cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Thanks guys, it's as I expected the one
    I picked up today is a repress.
    Grey label, some info on the label is left out.
    Also the letters aren't crisp, they look slighly pixely,
    as if they were scanned off an ORG.


  • I love that fucking song!

  • karlophonekarlophone 1,700 Posts
    the second/3rd presses were orange and grey with slightly different info on the label. now, if it looks "pixelly", then yeah that not OG... i bet it was scanned off a grey 2nd/3rd(?) press. (original orange and greys are still "original" in my book, as they date from the early 80s and whatnot...but the yellow is the true 1st press and worth more $.)
Sign In or Register to comment.