philly/new york/baltmore (road trip related)

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Ill be swinging through the East Coast September 12th-23rd, looking for stuff to do or record spots to dig. Havent been to NYC in a while and looking forward to being back in Baltimore. Im traveling light but will bring a box of 45s if the need arises. Also working on a project that involves taking pictures of piles of junk organized or otherwise, records included. Strutters get at me with things to do!

Comments

• Be sure to contact me, we have to hang! Is Jeff coming?
    Plus you'll be able to catch The Otis Funkmeyer Band on Sept 22nd at Crash Mansion in NY.

• That's a bet!

Jeff's in Wyoming as far as I know, but I might get to see him if he's in Pittsburgh on the way down, I know he is usually there in the fall, he may want to swing up there!

I think ill be in bmore by the 22nd

Ive been dying to see the otis funkmeyer band!

• Options
    Ill be swinging through the East Coast September 12th-23rd, looking for stuff to do or record spots to dig. Havent been to NYC in a while and looking forward to being back in Baltimore. Im traveling light but will bring a box of 45s if the need arises. Also working on a project that involves taking pictures of piles of junk organized or otherwise, records included. Strutters get at me with things to do!

I got a good spot on Long Island for you to check out with regard to your picture project, I was in there on Sunday and was afraid I was going to fall through the floor, it's an attic of a thrift shop loaded with the biggest selection of garage sale records that no one buys (Broadway soundtracks, PILES of them), books, and stereo equipment all over the place. The guy didn't even want to send me up there because there were two other people up already, but then said "ok, you can go up, but if you hear the floor start to creak hurry up downstairs it might collapse". Might not be worth the trip out though just for a photo and some garbage records.

• Ill be swinging through the East Coast September 12th-23rd, looking for stuff to do or record spots to dig. Havent been to NYC in a while and looking forward to being back in Baltimore. Im traveling light but will bring a box of 45s if the need arises. Also working on a project that involves taking pictures of piles of junk organized or otherwise, records included. Strutters get at me with things to do!

I got a good spot on Long Island for you to check out with regard to your picture project, I was in there on Sunday and was afraid I was going to fall through the floor, it's an attic of a thrift shop loaded with the biggest selection of garage sale records that no one buys (Broadway soundtracks, PILES of them), books, and stereo equipment all over the place. The guy didn't even want to send me up there because there were two other people up already, but then said "ok, you can go up, but if you hear the floor start to creak hurry up downstairs it might collapse". Might not be worth the trip out though just for a photo and some garbage records.

yes! I will be getting at you! Got some friends in L.I. I gotta see as well so It may be convenient.

• Im in philly, caught silver apples last night. New York on Friday, whats happening??

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'll be in Philly on Thursday through Sunday if you wanna go start some trouble.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm playing in DC on the 20th, 21st, and 23rd...possibly the 24th as well.
    keep an eye on the announcement section for details. If you can, come through and I'll buy you a beer.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    This is happening in Baltimore September 21st at a warehouse space called Flortistree:

Celebration
    Georgia Anne Muldrow
    Dudley Perkins

I definitely vouch for Celebration as an A+ live act.

• I'll be in Philly on Thursday through Sunday if you wanna go start some trouble.

yo!!! yall should definitely hit up beautiful world syndicate...best recordstore weve had in town for a minute. im busy like borats brother,crazy crazy ...but drop a line if any of yall need helpout with anything

enjoy your stay

• where you staying in NYC? for how long?

• where you staying in NYC? for how long?
    tomarrow afternoon to wednesday morning, staying in astoria and brooklyn not sure which when yet but my schedule is pretty open.

Phillys been a lot of fun, not much time for records though. Tonight Im just hanging with some old friends from school then its off To new york.