my friends got balls (carjacking related)

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
An email he sent me today."I had to stop a carjacking saturday night on my way home. It sucked. These two kids were beating the shit out of this dude trying to get his truck at clayton (road) and ayers (road). I started hucking rocks, one of the kids pulled a gun but they ended up running. The cops found them (they lived right around the corner) and I had to ID them. Cops didn't find the gun. They beat the dude up pretty good, but they're minors, so juvie time is all they'll get. Pieces of shit."Who the fuck tries to car jack someone around the corner from where they live?

Comments

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    I know a dude that got his car stolen in Wilmington DE and went downtown looking for it with a baseball bat.. he found it parked on the street and just stole it back..

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    he found it parked on the street and just stole it back..

can you steal what is yours?

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    he found it parked on the street and just stole it back..

can you steal what is yours?

Maybe.. if once it is stolen it then becomes the "possession" of the person who stole it.. then to get it back you steal it from them..?..?..?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    mmm, I don't know

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I know a dude that got his car stolen in Wilmington DE and went downtown looking for it with a baseball bat.. he found it parked on the street and just stole it back..

Way back in the 70s my sister was visiting my brother. She had her suitcase with all her shit stolen. My bro and his friends knew the junkies down the street did it. So they got chains and baseball bats and walked in to the junkies house and demand they return her stuff. All these junkies lying around on mattresses on the floor started pulling out guns. My brother and his friends said, ok, and left.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    mmm, I don't know

Allow me. I am fairly certain that theft by definition (at least at common law; state statute may vary for alls I know) is "appropriating any of the rights of the owner" - so jacking it would count. As for [the owner] breaking back in and driving it away with him, he IS the owner, so he has the right to do that, so I don't think that would be a theft.

Maybe if he left broken glass on someone's parking lot he could be liable for littering? Who knows? They have all types of crazy laws out here.

-AJ

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    As for [the owner] breaking back in and driving it away with him, he IS the owner, so he has the right to do that, so I don't think that would be a theft.

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear. I'm right and Mr Casual is wrong.