Song ID - rap-related

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Just caught a bit of this song on NC radio last week and never heard it again for artist/title. Not even sure if it's new or old.Definitely a Southern tune and it has some really nice horns in it - almost positive they are sampled - the one repeating line that I retained was that his money is in his mother's name.Can anyone help?Thank You!

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    big tymers - still fly
    perhaps

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    That's it!! I just checked for the lyrics and that is it.

It sounds so good from the little bit I heard...those horns really make it. Now I just need to find it and get it on my stereo for proper sound.

Thanks a lot.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It sounds so good from the little bit I heard...those horns really make it. Now I just need to find it and get it on my stereo for proper sound.

Thanks a lot.

Have you ever seen the crocodile seats in the truck?
    Turn around and sit it down and let em' bite cha butt
    See, the steering wheel is Fendi, dashboard Armani
    With your baby momma, playa, is where you can find me

You should be able to find this 12" somewhere for about $3. Don't bother with the album, though; that is really the standout track.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

You should be able to find this 12" somewhere for about $3.

Especially in used record stores in NC. Last time I was out there, all the dollerbins had tons of good southern rap. There's a lot of haters and naysayers of the southern commercial stuff out that way.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

You should be able to find this 12" somewhere for about $3. Don't bother with the album, though; that is really the standout track.

True. But do grab the "This Is How We Do" 12" from their next album while you're at it...

I may not be that lucky up here in Toronto, but you never know...is it on a mix tape?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    No surprise to anyone that I'm this

but just to show how infectious this track is, it's one of the
    only hip hop 12" I've bothered to buy in the last few years ...
    a definite classic, for sure.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I may not be that lucky up here in Toronto, but you never know...is it on a mix tape?

Probably, but you could also get it off eBay/GEMM for really cheap--your main expense would be shipping. Guaranteed you can find a couple of copies for under $5.

Cool - thanks for the info. I'd rather it on vinyl.

By the way - I scored that Shareefa LP at WaxnFacts for $5 - I bought it for the Need a Boss track but the whole thing is actually not that bad. Yup, I just said that.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I scored that Shareefa LP at WaxnFacts for $5 - I bought it for the Need a Boss track but the whole thing is actually not that bad. Yup, I just said that.

So this means you're home? Did I miss the vacation wrap-up?

(oh, and clean out your inbox, please)

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Thanks a lot.

haha, amazing. i love this song - the intricacies mannie puts into the production, and yes even birdman sr(confused dudes were dissing in another thread)
    this song and cam'rons singles were the main reason to listen to the radio the summer of '02

I scored that Shareefa LP at WaxnFacts for $5 - I bought it for the Need a Boss track but the whole thing is actually not that bad. Yup, I just said that.

So this means you're home? Did I miss the vacation wrap-up?

(oh, and clean out your inbox, please)

Somewhat cleaned! Please check your Inbox.