Largo? (Jon Brion LA tendinitis related)

deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
the Spoon 'Underdog' song is pretty hot. His touch is remarkable...anyone know the deal with his weekly thing in LA? I went to his myspace alittle while back and it said something about tendinitis? Was gonna be around next month for a weekend and wanted to perhaps check it out.

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    He actually did 3 nights back at Largo a couple weeks ago so I think he's back to playing but not weekly.

http://www.largo-la.com/largohome.html

Check their schedule page regularly as he may be added but for now he's not scheduled for the next couple of months.

On a related note, Zach Galifianakis just performed there last week and I'm kicking myself for missing it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    While spending too much time at Labcabin, and visiting my homies at Supreme, I finally figured out where Largo was, but.. had to come home by then. Sadly, I vowed to one day return.

- spidey

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    Cool. good to know

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    the Spoon 'Underdog' song is pretty hot. His touch is remarkable...

Lovin the whole record acctually. That song in particular is making me re-think the Billy Joel catalog.

I really regret not checking Jon Brion at the Largo while I was livin in LA the last 5 years - i've heard so many incredible stories!

Is he involved with the new Kanye record?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    oh and I think this is Jon Brion's best work!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Is he involved with the new Kanye record?

Yep. He was involved in the last one and is also rumored to play a part on the upcoming release.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    Lovin the whole record acctually. That song in particular is making me re-think the Billy Joel catalog.
    haha Billy Joel reference is on point. Havent had a chance to really give the whole album a good listen. Only thing other than the Kanye and the Spotless Mind score I know is Fiona Apple When The Pawn and I really like that one

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I really regret not checking Jon Brion at the Largo while I was livin in LA the last 5 years - i've heard so many incredible stories!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "here we go" on the punch drunk love ost is a perfect song.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I really dug the I Heart Huckabees soundtrack too.

I never realized he had been playing Largo. I really don't like that venue at all.