What is or was your favorite TOY growing UP?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Original G.I.Joe. Big headquarters and all that. Mego superhero dolls. Six Million Dollar Man.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    my mom would ask for a catalog for me to amuse myself with. you know they had like the sears or best catalogs and there were others. i used to sit for hours and look at those pictures. because back then wasnt like it was now. now you get a picture of the video game or a picture of the toy in its box just sitting there. back then the pictures were actual scenes you could look at. the legos were all set up and the shit was dope. anyway... i used to love those catalogs and make up shit in my head using those scenes in the book. i had a good imagination...

FO REAL!!!! SAME WITH ME, THAT WAS LIKE THE INTERNET BACK IN THE DAY! I REMEBER MOM'S ORDERING ME MY TONY DORSETT LONG SLEEVE JERSEY IN DALLAS BLUE!

• booyaaaaaaaa.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    superjock basketball, 6 million dollar man doll, adventure people, and those crazy sssssizzler cars, legos, and stretch muthafuckin armstrong

let's not forget OG GI joe with the beard, a 6 wheel vehicle, and a deep sea diving outfit.....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Stretch Armstrong

hAHAHA...i remember being determined to bust one of those arms off...and when i finally did that gooey shit was EVERYWHERE ..fucked the carpet up!!!! moms damn near put me up for adoption

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i had action force. what was that? that was exactly like gi joes, was it some european version or something? legos, of course...
    i was obsessed with airplanes so i would build all these airplane models but i sucked at it.
    what else, we had these miniature soldiers that you could paint, and we had LOTS and LOTS of em, so we would take books and boxes and whatever we could find to build up landscapes and then just put the soldiers out and take pictures of it, hehe...

• Stretch Armstrong

hAHAHA...i remember being determined to bust one of those arms off...and when i finally did that gooey shit was EVERYWHERE ..fucked the carpet up!!!! moms damn near put me up for adoption

Sounds like yours had similar fate to mine...fucking corn syrup!

I gotta say the Hulk one lasted longer, but then again I didn't eventually stab that one with a compass.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my mom would ask for a catalog for me to amuse myself with. you know they had like the sears or best catalogs and there were others. i used to sit for hours and look at those pictures. because back then wasnt like it was now. now you get a picture of the video game or a picture of the toy in its box just sitting there. back then the pictures were actual scenes you could look at. the legos were all set up and the shit was dope. anyway... i used to love those catalogs and make up shit in my head using those scenes in the book. i had a good imagination...

FO REAL!!!! SAME WITH ME, THAT WAS LIKE THE INTERNET BACK IN THE DAY! I REMEBER MOM'S ORDERING ME MY TONY DORSETT LONG SLEEVE JERSEY IN DALLAS BLUE!
    yo, my moms did that shit too! of course that was only so i could look at that shit and never get anything from it. it was cool when i first got it cos like jinx said, hours were spent on it, but after that, i wanted some of that shit!

• blaqsoulblaqsoul 61 Posts
    a few of my faves comin' up

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Lego's
    Tinker Toys
    Lincoln Logs
    Rubix Cube
    Star Wars
    G.I.Joe
    Wiffle Ball

Then I outgrew toys and was more into baseball cards and comic books.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Feeling the Bionic Man. My cousins always had more toys than me. I relished in Transformers and Voltron though (cool pic not pictured). The Voltron with the lions not the cheesy cars... damn that sucked.

• a few of my faves comin' up

Oh damn that takes me back! I forgot all about that thing but I must have logged some serious hours on mine...

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    I used to sit at home and just play the Super Nintendo all day. I remember I used to own and still do own a lot of RPG's for the system. I used to play Earthbound, Street Fighter, Mega Man x x2 and the one that I dominated in was TETRIS ATTACK. Very dope game. Dropping massive blocks on the competition. Having little tournaments to see who was the best.

Remember Turbo Graphx and NEO-GEO ?

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts

HELL YEAH!!!! I wanted that damn thing so bad! But of course I got the low-budget affordable no-name from K-Mart that broke the front on the curb...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I always wanted that Green Machine when I was kid. I had the Dukes of Hazzard one instead. I loved bombing the hill in my cul de sac and skidding out with the brake and doing 360's. That thing literally had holes in the plastic wheels by the time I got through with it.

I gotta rep slip and slides too. Those were fun back in the day.

Also remember playing lawn darts? I think those are illegal now haha.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

had a kyosho monstertruck (not that exact model, but similiar)... it ruled my world when i was a kid for many years! making courses in the garden with jumps so big it broke when it landed... and you had to get new parts for it to fix it. you could buy new better motors, and all kinds of stuff to make it faster. it was great!

Yeah I remember those! They had the four plastic wing-sides, with the heavy ass metal tip that could go through 1/4 inch of lead! They probably are illegal now because of what what my older brother and I did... poor bird.

• blaqsoulblaqsoul 61 Posts
    Sorry, had to add 2 more