DJ DOMINATION (omg, wtf related???)

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central

you need to peep this dude's other videos!!!

Comments

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    Okay, so either:
    (a) it's his parents' house and they are at work or gone skiing;
    (2) he is house-sitting for some parents' friends;
    (c) he is a junior realtor and his boss is selling that house; or
    (4) "There are not supposed to be any right angles in this house!"

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    this dude is a fraud.... where are the decks ... where are the records.. that dude prolly cleans the house.. "Here are sssssome ppppaintings... uh,,, and we can't go upstairs.. (cause the owner is sleeping) but you can imagine.."

• squiidsquiid 35 Posts
    This guy had a full length video that came with some Gemini belt-driven tables many years ago (think it was around '99-00). Looked like it was made on a VHS camcorder.

His motto went, "determination leads to domination."

I've also seen him on Jenny Jones, cutting records with his nose while hand-standing.

• Damn. I was hoping this was gonna be a Geto Boys thread.

• Options
    Wow man, I forgot about that guy. I used to buy records at a store on Long Island, I think this guy sent his videos there as promos or something to try and get them to sell them (this was when turntablism was big). We'd sit there watching this dude act the fool and just laugh.

I remember two things in particular, one where he was hanging by his legs from a basketball hoop and cutting on two decks, and another where he called out Roc Raida for a battle and got up in his face like it was two boxers staring each other down a a pre-fight press conference. Raida had this look on his face like "what the fuck am I doing here with this cornball" and apparently blew off the "battle", leading this kid to declare himself some type of king. Shit was hysterical.

His videos were always him cutting between two records like a dude on a 20 day meth high, going for some type of landspeed record or something, and always in some dopey "extreme" situation like the basketball hoop example above. Imagine playing ball at a park and some kid puts down turntables in the lane and hangs from his feet to do some juggles? I'd come hard with the Dawkins thunder on that ass.

All that being said, I don't doubt the kid is a millionaire, or at some lower level of comfortable wealth. You'd be surprised what some people can do with a little bit of cash and a hustler mentality.

I'd be curious to see what some Florida heads on here know about him, since that's where he's from.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    "They definitely don't have no eating place like this."

"This is my refrigerator where food is stored at."

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'd come hard with the Dawkins thunder on that ass.

MEGA

PAUSE

I'm more curious to know why his house looks like that. I mean seriously, that whole fucking place looks like that one "nice room" in your home that no one is allowed to sit or walk into. He needs to holler at Herm for the interior decorator hook-up, he "knows" a lot of of 'em.

• TrueStuTrueStu 91 Posts
    I thought of two things as I watched this:

1. dude is like that character in Along Came Poly who pays the film crew to follow him pretending to do a True Hollywood Story.

• "They definitely don't have no eating place like this."

"This is my refrigerator where food is stored at."

"Beautiful bright orange house."

• I saw a part of that video and he was djing inside a sattelite dish.

It was amazing, because he was inside a satellite dish!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I live and DJ in Miami and have yet to see his name on any flyer in this city.

HE DEEJAYS AT PRIVATE/INVITE ONLY EVENTS. AND NO YOU AREN'T ON THE LIST!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

HE DESERVES EVERY PENNY.

Man those remind me of those old WWF shorts they would put in between matches. And I wonder if that chef knows Steve Aoki.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    CORNBALL

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I saw a part of that video and he was djing inside a sattelite dish.

It was amazing, because he was inside a satellite dish!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

HE DESERVES EVERY PENNY.

I thought this was alright, would never actually buy a video.

- J

• chasechase 767 Posts

act like you know

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    JJ: "You are a r-e-a-l DJ?"

DJDOMINATION: "Errm. . .yes, that's correct."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Right about now...", "you know".

This is wack. Low budget Cribs.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    when i had my business, dude came in my store. a little while before this, i got asked to DJ in a local band (politely declined), and next thing you know, the guy who was the leader of the band showed up with DJ Domination. he dropped off the videos and i remember one where he was speeding on top of a parking garage in some souped up import, DJing in a satellite dish, and the aforementioned basketball hoop.

not trying to hijack the thread, but that dude mysterio came in too one time. he used to make the turntables levitate or some shit. it was too corny. i say overall, the both are .

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    I'm embarrassed I took the time to check out his website. LIL WEEZY and THE AMISH DOMINATION

He is accepting students for fall DJ classes!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I remember two things in particular, one where he was hanging by his legs from a basketball hoop and cutting on two decks,

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Damn...this takes me back. Some of the old Skratch Piklz board members on here should remember some big threads on there that dissed this guy to no end...

John Doe, Sheep, where ya'll at?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

He's transmitting the hottest beats. He needs that satelite dish. Do you think that's how he became the "Hottest DJ in Asia"?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I remember two things in particular, one where he was hanging by his legs from a basketball hoop and cutting on two decks, and another where he called out Roc Raida for a battle and got up in his face like it was two boxers staring each other down a a pre-fight press conference. Raida had this look on his face like "what the fuck am I doing here with this cornball" and apparently blew off the "battle", leading this kid to declare himself some type of king. Shit was hysterical.

His videos were always him cutting between two records like a dude on a 20 day meth high, going for some type of landspeed record or something, and always in some dopey "extreme" situation like the basketball hoop example above. Imagine playing ball at a park and some kid puts down turntables in the lane and hangs from his feet to do some juggles? I'd come hard with the Dawkins thunder on that ass.

The so-called confrontation between him and GM Roc Raida was one of the things Domination was infamous for.
    The idea that Raida chickened out in a battle with of all people DJ Domination is ridiculous.

Do any of you remember those old DMC elimination videos?
    I remember seeing him in of them (circa 1995) doing what Sween described above. Oh yeah, he didn't make it past the elimination round.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I remember reading the interview in Big Daddy with him, it was definitely a good read. It's kindy funny how he looks like a british "chav" dude with a crappy cap and sweatpants while putting on this millionaire high class baller persona. Whatever works for him, though.

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts

John Doe, Sheep, where ya'll at?

I particularly liked how DJ DOMINATION (MILLIONAIRE DJ) stayed on the screen for that whole video.

BEST DJ IN ASIA!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Domination is a knob, I could go on for days... last time I saw anything about him was his "DJ DOMINATION BEST DJ IN THE WORLD" stickers in Taiwans grimey streets yo!