unwritten laws/rules of sampling

rain103rain103 476 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i'm in a moral dilemma here seeking advice as to the unwritten laws/rules of sampling...so i came across a dope sample resembling ten wheel drive's - "aint gonna happen." for those unaware, the sample from jayz's "1-900-hustler" smash.my dilemma is this... would it be wrong to sample it a similar way?

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    You can do it!
    The whole point is there are no rules!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Lord Jesus Christ.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i'm in a moral dilemma here seeking advice as to the unwritten laws/rules of sampling...

so i came across a dope sample resembling ten wheel drive's - "aint gonna happen." for those unaware, the sample from jayz's "1-900-hustler" smash.

my dilemma is this... would it be wrong to sample it a similar way?
    do you make records that anybody is checking for? Are you getting it pressed and distributed? If not who cars. Flip it and have fun with it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LOL

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    thats pretty fucking funny

MP3 RAER???

• Well at least guy waited three months..

I guess these are the posts discussed in the why be an asshole thread. Can't blame anyone when crazies like this come out of thin air, but SoulOnIce your memory is still sharp.

unwritten sample thread theme music

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!
    gOD the interweb is fun.
    HAQHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAA!!!!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    who cares. whether you're making big records or not, sampling something someone already broke has never been taboo. there are too many examples of this to list.

for further insite into this topic see:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=kFb8rSD...2fb7sWT5f0#PPP1,M1

its a book on the art of sample based hip hop. they interview vitamin d, jake one, supreme, kool akeem, domino, dj king otto and a host of other producers both known and unknown. its an interesting read.