Werner Herzog

2»

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Just checked Mein liebster Feind last night. It's a document of the friendship between Herzog and Kinski with some really interesting behind the scenes footage of Aguirre, Fitzcarraldo etc.. Now I knew Kinski was a bit odd but had no idea he was THIS odd. Almost everyone he worked with seemed to hate him. If you liked Grizzly man you'll probably like this one too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200849/

This is so funny- I was just watching "Fay Grim" last night and I recognized a friend from UCLA, who I last saw in NYC starring in a production of Nosferatu, Nikolai (Nanhnoi) Kinkski, Klaus' son:

He always was a hottie

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Scariest movie I have ever seen.

Are there 2 Fitzcaraldo documenteries? Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe and Burden Of Dreams? I think WHEHS is the Les Blank one, today is the first I have heard of the other.

I saw Kinski in German B movie called Das Lift about an elevator that goes insane and kills people. No, really, look it up. See the elevator was made in Japan and...

I think it's cool that there is an artist that no strutter is hatting on, so far.

Let's see that Herzog hard as fuck icon.

• Hmm. Well, I just loved Das Frankfurter. It was seminal, and really drove it's point home. Started off as a small film, but then teased you with all sorts of plot devices. Then, with the soundtrack's swelling music, the storyline really came to a head during the amazing climax!! A true stroke of genius!

Oh yeah, I also liked Fitzcarraldo.

• i watched Little Dieter Needs to Fly again

That film is the most intense thing i've ever seen.

I didnt even know 'Rescue Dawn' existed until just now. worth seeing?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Are there 2 Fitzcaraldo documenteries? Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe and Burden Of Dreams? I think WHEHS is the Les Blank one, today is the first I have heard of the other.

Burden of Dreams is about Herzog making Fitzcarraldo. Werner Herzog Eats his Shoe is documentation of Werner eating his shoe after he lost a bet that Errol Morris would not finish his film Gates of Heaven.

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    I saw Kinski in German B movie called Das Lift about an elevator that goes insane and kills people. No, really, look it up. See the elevator was made in Japan and...

Wow, just from this post I remember seeing the box for this movie about 20 urs ago. Something with an elevator with blood coming out the door... Curious now!!

It??s a dutch movie from 1983, De lift I think but Kinski is not in it...

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    finally saw fitzcarraldo last night. dope flick.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Wow, just from this post I remember seeing the box for this movie about 20 urs ago. Something with an elevator with blood coming out the door... Curious now!!

It??s a dutch movie from 1983, De lift I think but Kinski is not in it...

My memory is going.