i get to record average white band!

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I just found out today that i will be doing a remote recording for radio with AWB. Im a gassed as shit about this. I will also be working with a very seasoned engineer who has worked with miles, brubeck, herbie hancock, and tons in the jazz industry. He has been recording for over 40 years so im amped just be working with him. Some cool shit though. Ill let the strut know how it went and when it will be aired so maybe catch it on the podcast. Any bets of the setlist? i know pick up the pieces and school boy will definatly be played, but what would your ideal awb set look like?

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

Please play "Work to Do"!!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    well its at a festival so what ever the setlist they play is what we are tracking. I love work to do though. The ohio players murder that shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    but what would your ideal awb set look like?

They need to bring out Ben E. King!!

... followed by MC REN

Congrats on the gig, it's cool that you are getting to
    work with that engineer - you'll probably benefit just from
    being around somebody with that much experience.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Yeah man. Im amped about just that. And this dude is all about the analog. Recording on huge dusty ass consoles and all to 2" at the main studio at the station is how this dude usually rolls.

Im talking with him right now actually about getting some recording time with him outside the station. Working with him would be like recording in a studio from 1975. Talk about some 'analog summing'

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Recording on huge dusty ass consoles and all to 2"
    that is awesome.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    That all sounds really cool, congrats on that. Mainly working with that engineer though. That's gonna be something else. Hopefully you can work with the guy on something outside of this gig and pick up some real one on one knowledge from an OG.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    This World is Music
    Goin Home

Are two I'd like to see live. I saw them near Santa Cruz a year or two ago and it was a good show.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    thats awesome.
    I'll ride for AWB any day.
    My Dad told me he went to a concert of there's, back in the day.
    During their first lineup
    My Dad had horrible seats, but was the only person standing and dancing
    The band thanked the "guy in the back" for coming.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Congrats man, that's a great opportunity.