Wanted- Pioneer EFX 500/1000 or similar

HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
edited July 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Anybody got an old Pioneer effects box laying around they want to get rid of? 500 or 1000 or something along those lines, open to suggestions. Local bay area trade/sale would be cool.I got records/$$$/grapes for trade.

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Dude, look into the Stanton DFX-1 for much cheaper. It's not as nice, but depending on what you want it for, it could do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanton-DFX-1-Trackball-Controlled-Digital-Effects/dp/B00006FXFA

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Or the new Kaoss Pad mini. It's the illest and simplest DJ oriented effects unit I've used.

• Dude, look into the Stanton DFX-1 for much cheaper. It's not as nice, but depending on what you want it for, it could do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanton-DFX-1-Trackball-Controlled-Digital-Effects/dp/B00006FXFA

Ross-

Have you used this? How is the sound quality? I have used the pioneer 500 before and it was cool, but noticed the quality of sound was ehh. I did like the layout and large jog wheel, but really only 2-3 of the efects were useful in my opinion.

Spelunk-

Have you used the mini kaoss pad?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Yeah, I have one. It's fun, and useful enough for my purposes (namely, needing a nice echo out and the occasional pitch shift for mixtapes and such). I also have an old Kaoss pad (not nearly as nice as the newer models) and it's kinda fun to use these two together. Set the Kaoss to crazy spacey reverb/dubby effects and set the Stanton to a BPMed echo.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I just got the Kaoss Pad Mini and it is amazing, sounds great, and is great to use. Some of the filter + effect combos are amazing, and it's the best I've ever used at using effects in a subtle way. By far the best new feature is that when you lift your finger off the pad it slowly releases the effect. My only gripe with the unit though is that it's output does not match the input of the EFX loop on my Allen & Heath, and there's no level adjustment on it for sends & returns, so there's a dip in levels when the EFX are switched on. Not hard to work around, and really a fault of the mixer though.

My overall gripe with ALL these effects units is that their connections are unbalanced.