Toronto heads - Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I know all you Toronto people will be at this show. 8 PM Saturday July 28th at the Harbourfront Stage , free......I have a feeling this will be very hot .

Comments

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    I know all you Toronto people will be at this show. 8 PM Saturday July 28th at the Harbourfront Stage , free......

I have a feeling this will be very hot .

ya man & Lord Finess tomorrow, I posted this up no one responded, some crazy free shows these days

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yes, but the real question is, who is going to get their rave on at daft punk on aug 5th?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It's going to be packed there all weekend. Shit, I wanted to go tomorrow night also. But I might check my friend Russell up at Dundas Sq. Part of Yonge is going to be shut down. Hope the weather is great all weekend!

Sunday will have a beatbox battle and DJ Showcase and some other stuff going on... Might have to go see my boyz Dopey and Grouch! Harbourfront does it up nice.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    yes, but the real question is, who is going to get their rave on at daft punk on aug 5th?

my senses tell me that you are!!

I will be in north carolina from the 31st to the 7th so i will be missing those festivities.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    they signed to tru thoughts lately?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    wow, i knew nothing about them, and only went back to harbourfront to check them out yesterday after a friend told me to check them out. FUCKING BANANAS. i would have paid to see that and it was free. snagged their 2 cds right after, awesome act.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    wow, i knew nothing about them, and only went back to harbourfront to check them out yesterday after a friend told me to check them out. FUCKING BANANAS. i would have paid to see that and it was free. snagged their 2 cds right after, awesome act.

ya same, I was really pleased to see them get a standing ovation, it was an awesome peerformance, I grabbed their 2 cds as well. Their CDs were selling really quick, and well deservidly.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Fantastic show... these guys are the real deal!! I bought their live disc and then when I was walking back through the food tent 5 of the members were sitting at a table so I came over to say how much I enjoyed the performance and the drummer grabbed the disc and got them all to sign it. If they come to your city , go see them.

they did "shaft in africa" as the last cut, it was pretty ill.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    they had a live disc? Doh, I didn't know, would've bought that.

Best Harbourfront show this summer, I'll up a few pics in a bit.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

i can't believe the baselines this dude was doing, like if i wasnt watching it live i would have thought they had someone on bass guitar or something