I finished Potter- SPOILERS- Herm! Come in!

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Hi.I knew Snape was good!What am I going to do now?

Comments

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    reread the entire series picking up on all the clues as they happen.

or write fan-fiction

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I knew Snape was good!
    Great minds think alike!

Man, that final battle was fantastic! Poor Fred. I was pissed 'cause I kinda ruined the Ron & Hermione kiss for myself. I misread the part that led up to it. I thought it was HERMIONE talking about saving the house elves, so when she ran up and kissed him I was like "what?!" Then I skipped back a paragraph and understood WHY she did it. YAY!!!

I liked how J.K. Rowling took most of the story out of the school this time around. It kinda forces us to imagine the settings ourself instead of what the movies have already dictated. Whatever image I had I had in mind were kinda washed away by what the movies have portrayed. That said, I am very pleased with the fact that the climax happened in a place we (the readers) are already familiar with.

LOVE FIGHTS BACK.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

What am I going to do now?

read the Bible.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts

What am I going to do now?

stop reading childrens fantasy novels.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    ill say this (having just finished it..) - i think that Rowlings gift is in making you worried that the answer/twist is too obvious or clear or predictable, then expertly fucking with you to an extreme. Also in filling in backstory at pretty much the exact moment its crucial and not a second before. holding back as much as possible for as long as possible, while fooling you into thinking you know the dealio.
    im relieved its over, reading these books was exhausting! i think i prefer books that you can read at your own pace, not have to buzz thru at top speed.