clarks

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i got a soft spot for clarks. wallees, desert boots, etc all get love.seen a pair on ebay ive never seen before.http://cgi.ebay.com/Clarks-Original-Apac...1QQcmdZViewItem who has these or knows where to get them?google is not helping.while im at it. who rides for clarks? best shoes ive ever owned.

Comments

• Two or three pairs of Wallabees in the closet right now. I fucks with em.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    Trust me, I would sincerely love to feel happy repping Wallabees except for the fact that they consistently just disintegrate under more-than-minimal use. The rear heel rubber wears into a severe slope and the stitching at the big toe always - always - tears (not the suede itself, but the stitching).

In the plus column, Clarks' policy of replacing with new models any model you send back with workmanship issues (i.e. the big toe stitching business above) is second to none and ripe for abuse. I only go back to Clarks because they will send a new pair within a few weeks. However, I cannot recommend Wallabees for daily wear if you walk more than 30 feet on sidewalks on any given day.

Additionally, Wallabees on carpet = sparks + swears.

Peace
    A J

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    They don't retail for anywhere near ??125 in the UK. Theye are about ??30 in the Clarks sale shop round the corner from me when they have them and full price they are around ??75.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Trust me, I would sincerely love to feel happy repping Wallabees except for the fact that they consistently just disintegrate under more-than-minimal use. The rear heel rubber wears into a severe slope and the stitching at the big toe always - always - tears (not the suede itself, but the stitching).

In the plus column, Clarks' policy of replacing with new models any model you send back with workmanship issues (i.e. the big toe stitching business above) is second to none and ripe for abuse. I only go back to Clarks because they will send a new pair within a few weeks. However, I cannot recommend Wallabees for daily wear if you walk more than 30 feet on sidewalks on any given day.

Peace
    A J

Serious? the pair I have right now is 2 years old, and my last pair went five years.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    I cannot recommend Wallabees for daily wear if you walk more than 30 feet on sidewalks on any given day.

Serious? the pair I have right now is 2 years old, and my last pair went five years.

yeah i have some pairs more than 4 years old and they are still intact and looking good. i will cosine on the carpet and sparks though, especially getting out of the car.

• Serious? the pair I have right now is 2 years old, and my last pair went five years.

Yeah, I honestly dont get as much use of them as I would prefer. The rubber gets ate up pretty quick. I dont know if I can see a pair lasting 5 years,even with minimal use.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Me too. I have had a pair for probably close to seven years now and, with some cleaning and maintanence every once in a while, they look practically new (say, VG-).

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I have had a pair for 5 years, but I had to fill in the heal with shoe goo because it was so worn down. The top looks brand new though.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Wallabees = slippery when wet.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts

Amen to that. When Manhattan's pipe infrastructure isn't jizzing up steam, those wet metal grates in the sidewalk are still yet a potential slip hazard to the Wallabee-wearer in a hurry.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The Natureveldt is the most comfortable and longest lasting shoe in the world. Real college professors know the deal.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

i used to walk around town in my first pair alot and the soles are almost worn to nothing. however, that was almost 10 years ago and i can still wear em. per the dude at the clarks store, you can get them resoled for about $50. never had the toe issue though.

i don't think i've seen that style of desert boot either. wallys are slick and the lugers are dope too! wish i could find the lugers in my size. but the wallys, i have 5 pairs in the closet, the red mesh joints are especially crispy!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I have two pairs of Wallys. The only thing that gets to me is the lack of support (which makes them so comfortable). I've almost twisted my ankle many many times in those boys. Love them to the death, though.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Amen to that. When Manhattan's pipe infrastructure isn't jizzing up steam, those wet metal grates in the sidewalk are still yet a potential slip hazard to the Wallabee-wearer in a hurry.

b/w wallabees are a super-hazard when you're in a hurry. That skinny heel is great for wlaking in sand, but not very stable on firm ground at higher man velocities.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    THESE AIN'T SLIPPERS THESE IS CLAAAARRRRKKS

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    almost bought a pair this weekend(we have a shop in Memphis that sells 'em, so if you need some help acquiring, holler) but I realized it would just be an impulse buy cause I was just killing time while my girl tried out some next level sewing machine at the sewing machine shop next door...so I restrained myself, but I think next paycheck I will go grab a pair of the tan desert jernts...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    My friend, buy leather, or buy grey. Tan quickly becomes an unsightly grey unless you are "don't step on my airjordans" about your kicks.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

i used to walk around town in my first pair alot and the soles are almost worn to nothing. however, that was almost 10 years ago and i can still wear em. per the dude at the clarks store, you can get them resoled for about $50. never had the toe issue though.

i don't think i've seen that style of desert boot either. wallys are slick and the lugers are dope too! wish i could find the lugers in my size. but the wallys, i have 5 pairs in the closet, the red mesh joints are especially crispy!

i would like more info on resoling. i have a few pairs that ive had for about 7 or 8 years that need new soles. wet surface with those particular pairs is a no no.

and these are going definitely going to get bought

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My friend, buy leather, or buy grey. Tan quickly becomes an unsightly grey unless you are "don't step on my airjordans" about your kicks.

Just purchase suede cleaner and a nice brush, and clean them every few months or if they get really dirty. Also, get the suede treatment or whatever, which puts a coat over the material and helps prevent stains.

Talking about Wally's in the rain, forget about it in the ice and/or snow...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

i would like more info on resoling. i have a few pairs that ive had for about 7 or 8 years that need new soles. wet surface with those particular pairs is a no no.

I just threw a couch out of my friends basement that looks exactly like them shits.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Never

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

i haven't done it yet but check out:

www.resole.com

i dig the plaidesque!

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i love clarks but in the states it's been the same clarks for 50 years and in europe they have all kinds of other styles. oh well. the ones here are classics.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "...white people like Crocs because they make Birkenstocks seem like blue-and-cream Wallies..."

• hypebeast says there will be "stash" wallies sometime this year

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    "...white people like Crocs because they make Birkenstocks seem like blue-and-cream Wallies..."

haha
    nice