iPhone - have you heard about this?

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I did a search and found nothing for iPhone. Surely I must have done something wrong. Well in any case I recently got one of these things (in fact im posting from it right now) and let me just say it's pretty badass! Anyone else got one of these? I was so happy to finally ditch verizon and all their lame phones. I have been a dedicated mac user since OS6 and so far I have not regretted this purchase at all. Being the harsh critic that i am i will say that it does lack a few things i would have expected (like video shooting and no flash for camera as well as no flash or java for safari) but I feel that what it lacks can easily be overshadowed by all of it's advantages, more of which I discover every day. Besides that most of my gripes can be fixed through software updates or hacks. Anyone try the custom ringtone hack?

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    iphone?

Tell me more...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    iphone?

Tell me more...

yeah, sounds iNteresting.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    iWant to know as well.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    hmmm.
    i forgot to select "newer than 1 month" in my search criteria. I just saw the other thread.

Sorry about that.

• I got to play with one while I was looking for a new phone last week. It was defintely sweet, like nothing I've seen. Just a little too expensive for me, and I wish it held more music. My only gripe is that if it has no buttons (only the touch screen), then you can't do anything without looking at it, like stopping the music or adjusting the volume, while leaving it in your pocket.

I ended up getting the Sony Ericsson w810i Walkman phone and so far I'm very happy with it. It came with earplugs and an adapter to use your own, and it will take a memory stick up to 8gb capacity.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Y'all seen these joints yet?

Nokia N95. It's pretty fucking sick.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I'm thinking of buying this

I like being able to add memory to the fucker.

• That one is thinner than the 810, but the memory sticks available for it only go up to 1gb (right now) instead of 8gb. Also, the 660 camera doesn't have auto-focus or a light. I got my 810 for $70 after rebate. I didn't see the 660 in the AT&T stores, if I did, it would have been a tough choice.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I did a search and found nothing for iPhone. Surely I must have done something wrong.

There was a big discussion about this. try searching under: why kids today are not out in the streets protesting this unjust deadly war in Iraq.

I did a search and found nothing for iPhone. Surely I must have done something wrong.

There was a big discussion about this. try searching under: why kids today are not out in the streets protesting this unjust deadly war in Iraq.

Will do, thanks!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I went to an AT&T store and called my cell from one. Every since then people have been calling my phone from their display models.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I did this and came up with the Lohan thread.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    $600

for a telephone

• Options
    I went to an AT&T store and called my cell from one. Every since then people have been calling my phone from their display models.

That's pretty funny. There's gotta be a way to have some fun with that.

They start at $500 actually.

Verizon currently sells the BlackBerry?? 8830 for $399.99

What a piece of crap compared to the iphone. Not to mention in order to get the $199.00 price you need a data plan that starts at $79.99 a month vs. the iphone starting at $59.99

Hmmmm......

$600

for a telephone

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Basically.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i got it.... and yes, its pretty rad though not the smartest move for everyone. i had att, and i needed a new ipod and a new phone. all the other perks were extremely welcomed fringe and worth throwing a few extra bills at.

most frequent used feature: google maps to order food or make reservations. and the camera is surprisingly good.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    LG's PRADA phone. 700-850 dollas

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I want it to run Palm software.

Palm????? Forget about that.

No matter how rad the other phones are they will not catch on the same way that the iphone will. Apple has always been in the business of making revolutionary machines and software. I can't believe people are still in denial. Folks reacted the same way when the ipod came out saying it was overpriced and it wouldn't catch on. I remember some dude trying to hype me to his windows based MP3 player back in 2002 when I had my ipod and now I just look back in amazement. I wonder what model he had and where that old device is now. I remember him showing me some of the lacklustre features etc... Meanwhile I still use the same ipod from 2002 to this very day problem free for nearly 6 years (knock on wood). iPhone sales are near a million which is pretty damn good for something that has only been out 3+ weeks (that's 16 million a year just on iphone if my math is correct).

Question: How many of you have ipods that never thought you would (including mini, nano, etc..)???

Prediction: The same number (if not more) of you will soon own iphones.
    Accept it, deal with it, and more importantly....embrace and enjoy.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

No matter how rad the other phones are they will not catch on the same way that the iphone will. Apple has always been in the business of making revolutionary machines and software. I can't believe people are still in denial. Folks reacted the same way when the ipod came out saying it was overpriced and it wouldn't catch on. I remember some dude trying to hype me to his windows based MP3 player back in 2002 when I had my ipod and now I just look back in amazement. I wonder what model he had and where that old device is now. I remember him showing me some of the lacklustre features etc... Meanwhile I still use the same ipod from 2002 to this very day problem free for nearly 6 years (knock on wood). iPhone sales are near a million which is pretty damn good for something that has only been out 3+ weeks (that's 16 million a year just on iphone if my math is correct).

Question: How many of you have ipods that never thought you would (including mini, nano, etc..)???

Was it like this? I've been using these things for about four years - video, MP3, wifi, email, bluetooth, internet, Excel, powerpoint, Windows, Flash, external memory etc etc. Not as pretty as an iphone but seems to do most of the same things for less $.

[/img]

Was it like this? I've been using these things for about four years - video, MP3, wifi, email, bluetooth, internet, Excel, powerpoint, Windows, Flash, external memory etc etc. Not as pretty as an iphone but seems to do most of the same things for less $.

[/img]

Word Word... actually that looks pretty awesome (that's not what dude had btw) and I would love to own that as well as many other gadgets because I am a gadget nerd.

But I am saying that as awesome as that is...,,,,it's pretty much the same thing as all the others OS/interface/function wise right??

The contrast I'm trying to exemplify is that apple is on some next level isssh. I'm especially feeling the add caller feature and 2 finger zoom for pics and web pages. Also the intuitive keypad that adjusts individual key size based on the word so you can't miss a key even if you have sausage fingers like me. Visual voicemail, maps, built-in ipod, bluetooth, etc, etc, etc,.

Awesome.

Plus as rad as the m600 spv is... how did it's total sales compare to ipod/phone? And if more/less, why do you suppose that is? Clever marketing? Better product?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Ya'll are slippin' $500!!!!???

I got mine at the Aple kiosk in the factory mall....shit only cost $29.99

[/img]

Word Word... actually that looks pretty awesome (that's not what dude had btw) and I would love to own that as well as many other gadgets because I am a gadget nerd.

But I am saying that as awesome as that is...,,,,it's pretty much the same thing as all the others OS/interface/function wise right??

The contrast I'm trying to exemplify is that apple is on some next level isssh. I'm especially feeling the add caller feature and 2 finger zoom for pics and web pages. Also the intuitive keypad that adjusts individual key size based on the word so you can't miss a key even if you have sausage fingers like me. Visual voicemail, maps, built-in ipod, bluetooth, etc, etc, etc,.

Awesome.

Plus as rad as the m600 spv is... how did it's total sales compare to ipod/phone? And if more/less, why do you suppose that is? Clever marketing? Better product?

It's also sold under the i-Jam name and I think a lot of people have them, but not nearly as many as will buy an iPhone. It was originally marketed as a business solution but Blackberry killed that angle. You can zoom, resize, change page orientation, run web pages as single columns, etc and because it's a Windows platform you can load up all sorts of other programmes like GPS locators and video editors. Touch screen but you can do most things with the function buttons too. Fat fingers are problem though and you definitely need the stylus.

Al - you got any new mixes on the go? I've been listening to your Groundbreaker mix again this week. So many nice tunes. That must have been a LOT of work.