darjeeling limited

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
what do you all think this will be like?ive heard all the arguments (style before substance, too hipster friendly, etc)and i agree for the most part, as life aquatic was a giant piece of poo.but theres still small part of me (probably the teenager that watched rushmore & bottle rocket) that admires wes andersons movies. cutsey dialogue and all. peep. http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thedarjeelinglimited/

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I seriously will take Wes Anderson over Michael Bay any day of the week. Just got through watching the trailer and truly, I don't know what to expect. That's a good thing though. Wes got a lot of downsides, but really his shit just comes off fresh. I'm tired of all this recycled shit that you see all the time. Seriously with influences from Jay Ward to Jack Costeau films. It's just something that no one else is doing right now.

You didn't like Life aquatic? I thought it was seriously Bill Murrays best shit since Groundhog Day. I hate having to defend the shit I like to people who I don't care what they like. So, I'mma leave that at that.

- spidey

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i'd be alot more hyped for this if it was written by just wilson and anderson. as it is,written by anderson,coppola and schwartzman leads me to think that it will have lots of great shots and lots of navelgazing bullshit.

i rank his movies:

1.rushmore
    2.royal tanenbaums
    3.bottle rocket
    4.life aquatic