Singers Post Mariah Carey

2»

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    This would be as good a time as any for you all to go out and buy some Keyshia Cole.

Oh, most definitely. She's easily the most impressive out of the r&b females to have emerged in the last two or three years.

For REAL? I mean, I know Bay Area heads ride for her, but on the real I find her unlistenable. Maybe it's the vocal processing that's on so many of her records, and maybe it's because she's one of those singers that just doesn't know when to STOP singing and let the music breath (Mary J. is guilty of this too) or maybe it's because I find the songs that have been written for her to be trite, but I cannot fade Ms. Cole at ALL.

Keyshia Cole feat. Missy and Lil' Kim - "Let It Go":

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2829500a8b2cbd/

Every time I get in the car now, I hear this three times. DON'T HATT.

HAHA...sayin'! I'm not mad at all.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I am so sick of vocal acrobatics to be honest. Aguilera is so fucking unlistenable.

- spidey

Chrissy Aggy is by far the worst offender when it comes to melisma as well as the Diva Hand of Emotion, which is the modern "soul/R&B singer" version of Rapper Hands.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I fucks with Keyshia Coles (real old guys[/b] know to attach an "s" on the end of her last name even though no such letter exists there)

(remembering a guy i used to know in his fifties who was a big fan of "johnny WINTERS," as if he were Shelley's son or something)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I fucks with Keyshia Coles (real old guys[/b] know to attach an "s" on the end of her last name even though no such letter exists there)

(remembering a guy i used to know in his fifties who was a big fan of "johnny WINTERS," as if he were Shelley's son or something)

See also: Bobby Womacks

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

See also: Bobby Womacks

and miles davis once told Spin magazine that one of his favorite contemporary musicians was George Dukes.

it goes both ways - there used to be this late-night blues DJ in Chicago, black guy well into his fifties, and he couldn't pronounce bluesman Lonnie Brooks' name without CUTTING OFF the "s" ("Lonnie BROOK")