GSF Records

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Just came across a 45 "I Got So Much Trouble In My Mind" by Joe Quarterman. Really pretty funky, and I recognized the label from the Skull Snaps repress i picked up a couple years back. So, from what I know, the label is 2 for 2, but how does the rest of the catalog rate? What are some other highlights? Put me on to the knowledge strut....

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    You ruined a perfectly good opportunity to start a weekend finds thread there. Then slip that question in by the by, maybe check google in the meantime, and voila.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Cold Water Stone
    Limousine
    Garnett Mimms
    Whatnots
    Free The Black Man's Chains

Nothing but winners?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Cold Water Stone
    Limousine
    Garnett Mimms
    Whatnots
    Free The Black Man's Chains

...and Lloyd Price!!

Nothing but winners?

Not with aging teen idol Connie Francis in the stable (she had a single or two on the label).

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Limousine

So how is this album? (And, no, I don't know or care if it has a breakbeat.)

This was the subject of a lot of controversy when it was found out that Faith's LP (on Brown Bag?) was a retitled, repackaged, and reissued edition of the Limo LP.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    the Sound Experience LP on GSF is pretty hot...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Limousine

So how is this album? (And, no, I don't know or care if it has a breakbeat.)

This was the subject of a lot of controversy when it was found out that Faith's LP (on Brown Bag?) was a retitled, repackaged, and reissued edition of the Limo LP.

i have the Faith LP and it is pretty dull... so so hesher rock...