What's working in the club this week?(DJ Related)

Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So DCDigga and I are doing our monthly tonight down at St Ex in DC (feel free to drop in, DC Strutters, and hang with Becky, Kaitlin n' them), so I thought I would check with the Strut massive to find out what's clearing floors or filling them up up with happy drunks! I missed last month so I am feeling a bit rusty, so get me up to speed! We like to keep it fresh along with the familiar, y'know?SCHOOL ME.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nothin? No opinion on which 'Umbrella' remix jumps off best? T-Pain hot or not in your city? Anyone? Hey bebe?

Damn.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I spun there last night and the Becky factor was low. Great crowd actually. Although we threw them a few more current bones every now and then most of the night was classic hip-hop, dancehall and funk. Even played "The Word" by The Junkyard Band to great response. Other crowd pleasers included "Magnificent Seven", "Poison" and "Express Yourself." Have fun!

Right on! Thanks, N**l!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I got a great response from The Versatones "Bila" the other night, probably because it is the greatest and most important record ever produced.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Beyonce "Get Me Bodied" (Extended mix) and Eve "Tambourine" are about as big as a record responses that you can get right now.

Beyonce "Get Me Bodied" (Extended mix) and Eve "Tambourine" are about as big as a record responses that you can get right now.

Yeah, as usual my wife is the guage for me for what makes it in the club, and she has those joints on repeat, as she does Amy Winehouse which also worked well last night('Rehab'). 'Get Me Bodied', 'Tambourine' and 'Bartender' went down smooth with the folks last night. We also ended up doing almost an entire half hour of Biggie and Biggie-related, as the crowd just kept going nuts for each track. Ended with what has become our signature closer, Thelma Huston's 'Don't Leave Me This Way', which always sends the folks home in a good mood.

On a different topic, lots of making out evident on the dancefloor last night, looked like summer hook-up season is in full effect!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    The Apples - Killing is massive over here!! Plus Pharo with Amy "Rehab" Remix!