Anyone heard Finding Forever yet?

13»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Articulate but ignorant vs. inarticulate but informative

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I pulled out LWFC after listening to this, something I have not touched in over 5 yrs.
    "6th sense"

Not really.

You're wrong,also, the Lily Allen track on this album kinda sucks...

Actually, it's kinda a hot crossover track. But let's give things about three months and see how it plays out.

As for ?uestlove's writing - given the choice between:

Articulate but ignorant vs. inarticulate but informative, I'm going with the latter every time.

"....white people like ?uestlove because he makes seem O-Dub seem like Noz...."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Better than I expected and yeah, better than Be, no doubt.It's still got that coffee shop smell at places (and a Jennifer Aniston/Vince Vaughn reference to boot), but overall a step in the right direction.

Its mostly Post Hip Hop though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm definitely interested in peeping this album[/b]. The first 3 songs intrigued me - like yes, a move away from "Be" (which was a move in the right direction but not fully realized.)

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

confession time:
    the first time i heard the "pops rap" on this album i had a gut sentimental reaction. i've never been a fan of the pops raps but this one got me a little choked up. its nice to see this father/son tradition continue on.