Anyone heard Finding Forever yet?

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Yes, as of this morning it officially leaked.Who has sipped the juice?

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I heard it, it's iight, maybe a 5/10 or 6, pretty weak follow up to Be, there's some "Be-ish" tracks on there, but it seems like most of the good stuff on the album has already been leaked before..??

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Yes, as of this morning it officially leaked.

Leaked yesterday, there's a link on the HipHopIsRead blog. I haven't heard it yet, would prefer to have the CD although I am tempted to check it out. I'll wait.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

the beat is hot. whose the creator of these?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    'ye

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    the beat is hot. whose the creator of these?

kanye and his ghost producers

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    anyone heard his song with lily allen?
    http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/07/19/audio-common-f-lily-allen-drivin-me-wild

i actually don't mind the beat but common and lily both irk me on this
    in a completely unsurprising way

• i'm loving the nina simone - sampling "misunderstood"

• the beat is hot. whose the creator of these?

kanye and his ghost producers

Kanye is a bum, his beats are wack, his lyrics and delivery are equally pathetic. He's one cocky egotistic bitch. Did I forget anything else???

50 Cents new cd will smash kanye's bum ass.. and common aint gonna see no sales either.

Both Common & Kanye we're just on the radio friday talking all kinda bull about the reviews from XXL crying and complaining about how we strictly putting out classics and we're not getting our respect.

edit* common was being very humble and mellow as he always is... while kanye was running his big loud mouth.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    Kanye is a bum, his beats are wack, his lyrics and delivery are equally pathetic. He's one cocky egotistic bitch. Did I forget anything else???

no

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    anyone heard his song with lily allen?
    http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/07/19/audio-common-f-lily-allen-drivin-me-wild

i actually don't mind the beat but common and lily both irk me on this
    in a completely unsurprising way

This beat is , I'll ride for Lily Allen too. Common's verse is a real letdown, especially knowing what he's capable of, but this song is still pretty fresh.

• I like Kanye rapping more than I do Kanye producing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    50 Cent's new CD will smash Kanye's bum ass.

My peoples over at SOHH was trying to Don King this new "rivalry" due to the fact both albums drop on the same day.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I listened to it once but haven't mustered the strength to listen to it again. Maybe it's a grower but I somehow doubt it. Has to be the most boring hip hop album I've heard in many a while.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    After two full album listens, "Play Your Cards Right" "The People" and "Southside" are the strongest. (Last two tracks were on Kanye's mixtape.) Some tracks are real meh though.

I've been pretty indifferent to him for years now, but thought "Be" had some incredible tracks.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Be was boring trash.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I haven't heard it aside from the leaked tracks but I like the joints I've heard, and I'm not mad at the Lily Allen song (even though I don't really like her music at all.)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I am white and neither like yoga or dogs.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Personally, I thought FF was stronger than Be but then again, I always thought Be was rather grossly overrated. The problem - and strength - with putting out an 11 song album (both Be and FF are the same in this respect) is that, subjectively speaking, is that there's very little room for songs that turn off a listener. Three "eh" songs on a double album - you barely notice. Three similar songs on a 11 song CD and that's practically one third of the album. So, for me, "Go" was just unforgivably bad and there were two or three other songs that, while not quite as disastrous, I just never needed to hear again.

On that basis, song for song, I think FF is better. The only song that I've avoided consistently since I first heard it two months ago was that one with Will.I.Am, "I Want You." Otherwise, I'm open to the rest of what's on there even though I have some clear favorites: "Start the Show," "Drivin' Me Crazy," "Southside," "Break My Heart, ""Southside," "The Game."

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    I am white and neither like yoga or dogs.

I am not white and love Dogs.

My wife is Indian and practices Yoga on the regular.

Common is a complete fucking idiot. The Beatnuts called this dude soft 10+ years ago. Dude let a woman change his whole style.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The Beatnuts called this dude soft 10+ years ago...

... and then put him on their own record 8 years ago.

The Beatnuts called this dude soft 10+ years ago...

... and then put him on their own record 8 years ago.

Wait. Beatnuts had a record in 99?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I haven't heard the album yet, but Comm put on a solid live performance of "The People" on Leno last night. Anybody else catch it? Kareem Riggins was kicking out the box in the background with a couple keyboard players holding tight, and Dwele doing is thing off to the side. They had the whole electoral campaign thing going on, which was fitting. Hopefully vids will pop up soon, cause I'd like to see it again actually.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I haven't heard the album yet, but Comm put on a solid live performance of "The People" on Leno last night. Anybody else catch it? Kareem Riggins was kicking out the box in the background with a couple keyboard players holding tight, and Dwele doing is thing off to the side. They had the whole electoral campaign thing going on, which was fitting. Hopefully vids will pop up soon, cause I'd like to see it again actually.

Maybe it was just me but I actually found his performance to be kind of stilted, like his suit was starched too heavily or something but he just didn't seem very relaxed. I was at the rehearsal earlier and he seemed much more natural and comfortable then.

• ScottScott 420 Posts

Oh yeah. Man how time flies.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Yeah, "Musical Massacre" which was the album with "Watch Out Now"

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    on most of what's been said.
    I just hope there's a DVD with the new album giving us an update on his personal stylist.
    I hear she's doing exiting things with head wear & ascot combos.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    on most of what's been said.
    I just hope there's a DVD with the new album giving us an update on his personal stylist.
    I hear she's doing exiting things with head wear & ascot combos.

Haha--I totally forgot that the last joint really did come with a fashion DVD.

Can even Young Phonics offer a credible defense of that?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Courtesy of H&M:

I>Finding Forever LE Bonus DVD
    Chapter 1: Houndstooth & You (10:33)
    Chapter 2: Applejack Hats: Always a valid option (8:23)
    Chapter 3: Argyle Do's & Don'ts (5:43)
    Chapter 4: In the Studio with Kanye & Common (1:37)/I>