Hopkins vs Wright

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I got my money on Hopkins...peace, 'Vega

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I got my money on Hopkins...peace, 'Vega

B-Hop's too strong for Winky, who in no way will be an easy defeat. It has the potential to be either (a) a great or (b) extremely boring fight. It depends upon whether Winky will press the action, as he did with Jermain Taylor, since B-Hop is generally a counter-puncher these days. Then again, Hopkins did press Trinidad, so he has a propensity toward aggressiveness if he chooses. The (b) option will occur if both fight passively, in counter-puncher mode (ala De La Hoya/Mayweather). It's hard to call how the fight will unfold, but I expect "The X" to win.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I'm really hoping for a great fight too because I haven't seen one in a long time. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Like you say Hopkins is a counter puncher and Winky knows this so I think he'll be playing it safe. Sucks when both sides play defense, but taking risks gets you hurt! Especially with Bernard, that dude can punch! I want to see Bernard more aggressive, I think when he fought Trinidad he had something to prove so came out guns blazing once Trinidad couldn't find his rhythm. Still though he's the champ and shouldn't have something to prove, but the media kind of dogs him saying he hasn't really fought anyone of caliber. Winky's aggresiveness impressed me against Taylor, but I think he knows that Hopkins is on another level and you have to respect that. I am hoping though that Winky comes out fierce like he has something to prove, like what Hopkins was to Trinidad, Winky is to Hopkins. You get what I'm saying or am I reaching here?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yep, I feel ya Garcia Vega. Winky might come out with something to prove, and perhaps, might provide Hopkins with offensive opportunities. Bernard may also have something to prove and fight aggressive, setting the stage for some offensive on Wright's part too. I'm afraid, though, we might end up with a boring "posing contest" where each fighter is feignting to death with no punching $49.95 is a nice chunk of bread to pay for a lackluster, posing match. I want some action!!! I hope we get to see an exciting bout.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    We were just talking about this. I'm riding for Hopkins.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    It has the potential to be either (a) a great or (b) extremely boring fight...

I bet the latter... I aint buying this one... De La Hoya & Mayweather owe me some money for that wack fight...