yet another Marcofunk post...

roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So big time funky collectro bought a modern soul / boogie type record off of me for $350 on eBay and now claims it is not to his liking and he wants his $ back despite the soundclips posted. I know other folks have had their issues with the self-proclaimed 'greatest funk collector in the world', and I was wondering how others have proceeded in such a case.... do I have *any* recourse?Thanks folks!RON

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I recently unbanned him from my auctions and he's bought a couple things without incident so far. I had thought he'd been on better behavior.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Tell him you are planning on listing a
    number of unknown private modern soul/funk
    albums in the next few months, and if he
    persists in this behavior you will ban him
    from bidding on your auctions, shutting him
    out of that crack he fiends for. It should
    hold him off long enough until he can't fuck
    with your moneys.

with your moneys.

The truly hilarious thing is that this could totally work.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    with your moneys.

The truly hilarious thing is that this could totally work.

Oh, I was dead serious. When dealing with
    a psycho, use their psychosis to get your way.

• That guy is a total wackjob.. he bought some stuff from me a few times. Each time guy sends me some message about please make sure these records you are sending sound like funk or soul music.. ect ect. I began to start talkin with him and obviously guy has never ending funds so i keep him off ban, but i never send him anything unless registered and always tell him ALL SALES FINAL! being self proclaimed great collector and overpaying or paying top market price is he told me he was going to stop buying on ebay cause people are assholes and rip him off a lot.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    So big time funky collectro bought a modern soul / boogie type record off of me for $350 on eBay

What record was it?

Each time guy sends me some message about please make sure these records you are sending sound like funk or soul music.. ect ect.

This is actually like a message he has programed into his payment emails, I think.

"Be sure you to packs them well and that this vinyls is the real funky black man music thank you".

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
    So big time funky collectro bought a modern soul / boogie type record off of me for $350 on eBay

What record was it?

This spanish thing.. can't remember the name... afro-ish spanish guy on the cover... actually it was pretty good for what it was... I certainly didn't expect $350 for it, but it did have pretty crazy synth fx and stuff... all the same, I don't feel that I should have to refund his dough when I even included soundclips... soundclips, atleast the way I try to record them, truly function as a 'try before you buy' type element to the auction... I'm so sick of modern soul/ boogie buyers! I'm sticking with reggae I think from now on... those guys are WAY nicer and easier to deal with in general! Even for a second press they're all 'thanks and praise' upon receipt as long as the condition is good...

I have contacted eBay's "Powerseller Customer Support Team", but I don't think I'm going to have much luck...

Thanks so much guys for taking the time and giving your input thus far.... if anyone else has anything to add, I'd be more than grateful to hear it!

Best,

RON

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I'm sticking with reggae I think from now on... those guys are WAY nicer and easier to deal with in general! Even for a second press they're all 'thanks and praise' upon receipt as long as the condition is good...

hahahaha...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    take up a collection and put a hit on this fool

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Sold a record to him for about $400 a few months back, no problems whatsoever, even left positive feedback. By all means don't refund his money or accept an exchange, he knows what he bought and just has a psychotic form of buyer's regret.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm sticking with reggae I think from now on... those guys are WAY nicer and easier to deal with in general! Even for a second press they're all 'thanks and praise' upon receipt as long as the condition is good...

TRUTH

Dude if you grade even CLOSE to accurate Ras Helmut and them will be all "BLESS UP BLESS UP" and so thankful that they just paid you $450 for 10 average 12"s. Truly the way to go in this day and age.

• Sold a record to him for about $400 a few months back, no problems whatsoever, even left positive feedback. By all means don't refund his money or accept an exchange, he knows what he bought and just has a psychotic form of buyer's regret.

Yes! Regardless even if he did not like the music and could not hear a soundclip. Do not bend for this guy even an inch!! Don't take the wax back, don't offer a refund and certainly do not back down over a threat of negative feedback.

Best believe his richie rich every record buying gripping ass can afford to eat an lp that he does not like upon hearing.

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
    SO just an update... Marcofunk has now filed a Paypal claim with me - for the full $1000 or so of all the records he purchased from me during that round of auctions.

Don't exactly know what to do as Paypal is pretty shitty on the seller's side but I'll give it a try.

RON

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    if you have Marcofunks emails saying he wants a refund because he didn't like the music then it should be easy enough to fight his paypal chargeback right?

as far as I know paypal is mainly concerned with whether the goods arrived or not - not that they arrived, but aren't 'real black man funky soul'

---

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'll never forget the grief he gave me over a damn $7 local record with a turdy Tower Of Power cover on it because it didn't arrive quick enough for him (a little over a month). What language does this asshole speak?

What language does this asshole speak?

As I remember his shipping address was in Switzerland which means he probably speaks French, German, some English, and possibly other regional dialects.

Someone needs to interview this dude.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

Just like the major ebay sellers (funkyou, AP etc.) he deserves an interview in Wax Poetics as a one of the major buyers.

Just like the major ebay sellers (funkyou, AP etc.) he deserves an interview in Wax Poetics as a one of the major buyers.

No, he deserves a short YouTube video or something posted here, other than his wealth I don't get the feeling that there's anything special about this dude. Not nearly on the same level.

What language does this asshole speak?

As I remember his shipping address was in Switzerland which means he probably speaks French, German, some English, and possibly other regional dialects.

He is Italian but works in Switzerland.