~WORK + SUMMER = NAGL AT ALL~

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
How do you guys maintain motivation in the workplace during the summer time?I'm having a really tough time being motivated and staying past 3PM.Mentally I'm still in college even though I've been in the work force for over 7 years now.HAELP PROFESSIONAL STRUT.

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    online classes + work = worse.
    i had my first free time this whole summer the other day and didnt know what to do.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    NATE I WILL HOLLAOR

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm having a really tough time being motivated and staying past 3PM.

Mentally I'm still in college even though I've been in the work force for over 7 years now.

Dude, tell me about it! I'm losing motivation on so many levels here. First, they laid off my whole team, took away my budget and then demanded more from me... then they moved everyone that was on my floor to another floor so I'm sitting by myself all fucking day. All I think about all day is what else I could be doing, like sitting by my pool drinking. Yeah, I'm also mentally still in college

The good part is that I have usually been coming in around 10:00 and leaving around 4:00. I pretty much stopped caring about the company so I'm way less stressed than I was before. I have a few big deliverables to finish up this summer and I'm getting sent to Spain for a conference again in the fall so I'm just gonna ride it out until then and then start looking elsewhere.

But shit... summer vacation would be the tops!

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Try working from home on Kauai... my weekdays are a nonstop struggle for focus.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Work for yourself. You can drink all day!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    man, i kind of thought you had the ill job actually. It seemed like you would have more fun than the usual office job for working at snowboard company and hanging out with Rick Raaaaaaaaws and whatnot.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I used to be able to come and go pretty much as I wanted at work. I just started running a new department and I have to be there to supervise.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

This freedom alone is worth $100K/year to me EASY!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Outdoors labour work.

A good look.

Exercise + good weather + time to think.

Outdoors labour work.

A good look.

Fuck that.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Outdoors labour work.

A good look.

Fuck that.

Oh, apologies.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    man, i kind of thought you had the ill job actually. It seemed like you would have more fun than the usual office job for working at snowboard company and hanging out with Rick Raaaaaaaaws and whatnot.

thats what i am saying. if i am struggling now i am fucked when i get a 'real' job..................

at least i am going to new zealand in two weeks. but even that isnt getting me excited, im more stressed about missing summer around here.

Outdoors labour work.

A good look.

Fuck that.

Oh, apologies.

I'm saying you sound like someone who has not done a lot of this kind of work but hey what do I know. Different strokes...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i think i forgot what summer is. i just started a new gig and i'm already working 12 hour days all week this week. ice grill.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Summer is supposed to be our easiest time of the year. but, with some added responsibility, and starting to produce my own shows/segments, my summer got fucked.

Next week, training camp kicks off, and then life is just over until the team is out of the end of the football season.

long story short- this summer sucked.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I just want to cosign on what everybody's said. This shit sucks a gigantic sweaty bag.

Think I'm going to join a lawn or construction crew like dude above.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Hibbert: I'm afraid you'll need a cast on that broken bone.
    Bart: Aw, I'm going to miss the whole summer.
    Homer: Don't worry, boy. When you get a job like me, you'll miss
    every summer.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

Haha. This has been my motto for the past month or so. Wake up at 6. Shower. Brush my teeth. Put on some mesh shorts and open the door to my "office." I crack my first Lagunitas at around 2PM with lunch. Makes the days go by rrrrreal quickly. I've been in business for almost a year now and since I started my new afternoon drinking regiment, business has been much better.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    summer? whats that? what teachers and little kids get off right?

• at least i am going to new zealand in two weeks. but even that isnt getting me excited, im more stressed about missing summer around here.

Queenstown?

you've been before right - know you have mountains in your backyard but damn, being at the snow in NZ would be fresh!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    summer? whats that? what teachers and little kids get off right?

Haha, serious. I work for an ice cream company, so summer is
    non-stop madness 6 days a week OT burnout. See me in February
    when I'm working 5 1/2 hour days with an hour "lunch" spent at
    Cheapo Records thrown in ...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    eehhhh...its Air Conditioned at the job and all I gotta do is grade and price records and put them on the interwebs...the drawback to my job in the summer is that fools bring in records to sell that they left in the car all day...sucks to see a raer that is warped beyond belief that you know you coulda copped for a $1 or less...