MS-DOS

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Where are my DOS heads at? I used to rock 3.22 on my Amstrad. Went through every upgrade...C:/> format c: /s

Comments

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    deltree -y homie!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Dos 4.01 was a great improvement, I refused to use windows for the longest time. Actually, Dos still kills shit. Dos with Xtree Gold and Desqview was the shit when running a bbs...

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    How do you feel about windows 3.1?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

You haven't upgraded to Windows 3.11 yet?

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i remember freaking out when i was 8 years old and my older brothers friend wrote "echo off" on the command prompt, i htought he had deleted everything on the computer...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

hahahaha

Looking at computer screens or television never really hurt my eyes but I can remember being younger and that shit was fucked, I remember my eyes would get sore looking at that.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    fdisk WHAT!!!?!??!

RealDOSHeads Know The Deal.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fdisk was very good to me for many many years.

I still use it once in a blue moon!

• How do you feel about windows 3.1?

• k-rad ELiTE lamers! i got all the 0-day warez you need. i used to be in razor 911, top courier son! sheep, do you remember MCIs toll-free number for calling cards? got any PBXs?

desqview was great, but it was strictly norton commander for me..on my 286-12Mhz with 1MB RAM, 40 MB Hard drive, 9600 baud supra modem (started with a 1200baud hayes modem) and of course 2 phone lines dedicated to BBSing..

I couriered for Hybrid, used to have a AT&T calling card hook up... had PBX's, used to wardial exchanges with my US Robotics Dual Standard.... ahhhhh... had voice mail hook ups, the works...

Anyone got and ACiD ASCii ART PACKS?

peace

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

cracktro'ssssssssssss

I could watch these for days.

• this brings back lots of cool memories.. the whole warez world was so much fun... renegade was my board of choice.. what others were there? PCBoard?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

whoa this is sweet

yeah man, windows 3.1...gross. that shit is depressing.

ive been messing around in dos and Q-basic on the cash register at work, i love that shit. i love old computers. a lot.

this brings back lots of cool memories.. the whole warez world was so much fun... renegade was my board of choice.. what others were there? PCBoard?

Celerity was the shit..

remember frontdoor? press [esc] twice...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    razor 911
    Hybrid
    thank you both.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    c:>copy con x.cmd
    exit^Z

c:>x

Saves typing exit evar again...

Also copy ping.exe p.exe

Keystrokes son. Sayin'.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Dudes, this will destroy your workdays like it destroyed my shooldays (lucky I??m on a mac now)

www.dosgames.com

KEENDREAMS 4 LIFE

- J

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

fuckin warez kiddiez.....

hahaha....good times.

• whoa this is sweet

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    what others were there?

Holodeck.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    http://www.bootdisk.com

has come in VERY handy.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    this brings back lots of cool memories.. the whole warez world was so much fun... renegade was my board of choice.. what others were there? PCBoard?

I ran a board with WWIV. I had it jacked up to get newsgroup packets from usenet so people could read and post to it. I had a backdoor in the games section to a second BBS for the 3lite folks. Didn't mess with warez too much, a guy at my college got busted by the fedz. Just tried to keep a fresh supply of Kathy Ireland and Cindy Crawford swimsuit pics on hand.

Used to hang with Swamp Ratte from cDc but to me he was just K____. Really big in to hip-hop, funk, and vinyl too. It was a great scene (Lubbock) then, the geeks would get together once a month at Hi-D-Ho and talk shop. We always thought the fedz were out to get us... and it turns out they were.

I love DOS. I wish I could go back. I have tried a few times but I can't remember what I need to know to make it really work. You know "LOAD HIGH EMM 386" and all that stuff that used to be easy before Windows came along and made it all 'easy' and slow as hell.

When I moved to Austin in like 96 these geeks/my neighbors/friends called me Lubbock 3.1 because I still had my first 486 system from 91 and I still had windows 3.1/DOS on it because Lubbock will keep you too poor to upgrade.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    c:>copy con x.cmd
    exit^Z

c:>x

Saves typing exit evar again...

Also copy ping.exe p.exe

Keystrokes son. Sayin'.

I still prefer this search

dir *.txt /s

Anyone have HOTDIR? Made your DIRs come out in columns in different colors according to what they were? .EXEs where a bright light blue.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    edit autoexec.bat

I remember changing the oder that drivers loaded to try to squeeze every last bit of memory out of that 4 Mb. Ha.

This shit is classic.

4mb...

how about 640k with 384 "extended memory"...??

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Where those acoustic couplers at?