VST Plug-in help

tallbobsmoketallbobsmoke 715 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Yo,I just got a hold of PROSONIQ Orange Vocoder and I'm having a hard time running it on ProTools. I have a file called "PROSONIQ OrangeVocoder Carbon". I'm assuming that's the actual plug-in. I've tried putting it into a few folders like the VST folder and the actual ProTools Plug-in folder but it's not recognizing it. Any suggestions? I want to play with a vocoder.

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    do u use apple or windows?

tried the *.dll file? thats the main file u should copy.

• I'm on a MAC...

I'm looking all over the place for this answer and it's starting to look like I need to convert it from a VST to a RTAS? Does that sound right?

The carbon file is what I ended up with after the installer was done with its business.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    maybe its a win-only.. i have no idea.
    try the NI vokator instead. by far better. the orange vocoder sounded pretty lame to me.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    you need a vst to rtas plugin. Protools only allows you to use rtas, tdm, or audio unit plugins. Its basically a shell that allows you to load the vst through it.
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--FXPVSTRTAS
    if your resourceful you can find one on a torrent out there.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    try the NI vokator instead. by far better. the orange vocoder sounded pretty lame to me.
    orange vocoder is actually pretty cool and you can get great sounds out of it using it in non-traditional ways. NI vokator is nice also but Orange is not to be slept on.

• you need a vst to rtas plugin. Protools only allows you to use rtas, tdm, or audio unit plugins. Its basically a shell that allows you to load the vst through it.
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--FXPVSTRTAS
    if your resourceful you can find one on a torrent out there.

Thanks for your help.

You've just confirmed what I thought.

Thanks

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    orange vocoder is actually pretty cool and you can get great sounds out of it using it in non-traditional ways. NI vokator is nice also but Orange is not to be slept on.

it`s cool to generate some chords, true.

• Oh shit man!

Thanks, I owe you one.