THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE ( NRR )

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCEhttp://www.pbs.org/previews/pursuitofexcellence/Last night we caught the first part of another truly amazing PBS series.Did anyone else catch this?????It was like the reality version 'Best in show' and certainly not to be missed. This is a three part series consisting of three very different and almost unbelievable events around the country.I don't really know how to describe what I saw last night other than saying the world of Synchronized Swimming is not what I imagined. It is much like a beauty pageant crossed with olympic training. Harsh, Cold, Brutal, very serious and kind of sad.I took some notes while watching. We were incredibly blazed which was good because had I not been high I think this show would have made me depressed."I have to be a hero to myself""ITS NOT JUST SYNCHRO, ITS LIFE!""sometimes I have to practice it while I'm practicing"The second installment is a special about the national Ferret competition in Ohio.Yes, you heard that right folks, Ferrets. Primped Ferrets + best in show style commentary = LOL b/w Why must I Cry for daze. These people are 100% serious.The last installment is one that I am particularly interested in and that is HAIRWORLD. It follows Team USA on there journey to the 31st annual HairWorld Championship. This airs july 25th on OPB Oregon.I think the dates are wrong on the PBS line up, but Check your local listings.You will not be disappointed.

Comments

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    all right fine, I guess it was a "you had to be there" kind of moment...

But I still think its worth checking out.