does Tabasco need refrigeration?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i've had this bottle in my office for about one year. it's kinda brown. i thought it was supposed to be more red.

Comments

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    No.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I thought it could be left out - room temp

• Options
    i've had this bottle in my office for about one year. it's kinda brown. i thought it was supposed to be more red.

The unexplored cave is the one that holds the treasure.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No...Tabasco surged in popularity during World War II and the Korean War when soldiers widely figured out that it was a great condiment to tote around to flavor their C rations.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Discolouration is natural. If anything perishable gets in the bottle during use, things can go wrong, but something fuzzy floating in the bottle will alert you to that.

Green Tabasco was a huge let down. I was ready to have a hole burnt in my tongue and....nothing.

• i've had this bottle in my office for about one year. it's kinda brown. i thought it was supposed to be more red.

Ive noticed that too. I refridgerate all Tabasco products now, it certainly doesn't hurt and definitely doesn't eat up space!

No...Tabasco surged in popularity during World War II and the Korean War when soldiers widely figured out that it was a great condiment to tote around to flavor their C rations.

Here is a copy of McIlhenny's C Ration Cookbook distributed to Vietnam soldiers...

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/Tabasco/Front-Page.htm

Also...WHERE THE HELL IS NEW IBERIA?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Here is a copy of McIlhenny's C Ration Cookbook distributed to Vietnam soldiers...

i could eat ANYTHING with enough tabasco. i've always wanted to visit that speical island or whatever in LA where they grow the peppers.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i thought you were from louisiana, bra.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i LOVE hot sauce but i'm not a tabasco fan. i ride for:

&

i could eat ANYTHING with enough tabasco. i've always wanted to visit that speical island or whatever in LA where they grow the peppers.

Avery Island is not really an island ??? it is a huge dome of rock salt, three miles long and two and a half miles wide. At it's highest point it is only 152 feet above sea level. It is located seven miles south of New Iberia, surrounded by wet marsh and the Bayou Peiti Anse. It???s one of five along the Louisiana Gulf Coast, formed when an ancient seabed evaporated, depositing pure salt, which rose up in large chunks and pushed the ground into a hill.

i LOVE hot sauce but i'm not a tabasco fan. i ride for:

&

Tabasco: peppers, vinegar, salt

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    when i was a kid, if we cursed we got a dose of tobasco. so its not my favorite condiment.

Deeply hardwired into the furthest recesses of my brain.

TOBASCO = BAD

The black folks brand...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Green Tabasco was a huge let down. I was ready to have a hole burnt in my tongue and....nothing.

really? cause it says right on the bottle "MILDER" ...

i thought you were from louisiana, bra.

Why are you saying that exactly?

The black folks brand...

NO DOUBT. I mean, there's even rapp songs about popping bottles of this stuff.

BTW CHOLULA >>>>>>>>> TAPATIO

somebody sounds white?

when i was a kid, if we cursed we got a dose of tobasco.

where?

• BTW CHOLULA >>>>>>>>> TAPATIO

Oh, and the chipotle Tabasco is bomb.

somebody sounds white?

Not really, but I'm suspecting that somebody doesn't realize that once upon a time in Louisiana WHERE THE HELL IS NEW IBERIA? t-shirts were more common than New Orleans Saints gear.

• It won't be long before Tapatio takes over and runs all the Tabasko out of LA and all the mayors will be like "OK, now tapatio is illegal. you were good on the occasional taco, but now you have to go" and people will be like "can't tapatio and tabasko both be used as condiments?" and then somebody will start a thread on soulstrut and then I'll say that Tapatio is way better than tabasko anyways, although I do acknowledge that Tabasko supports the troops.

Tabasko supports the troops.

"We need to amend the Declaration of Independence
    to say that Tabasco is the official USA hot sauce
    before they take over."

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    when i was a kid, if we cursed we got a dose of tobasco.

where?

duh. up our ass with a turkey baster, where else?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

really? cause it says right on the bottle "MILDER" ...

folks can't help themselves.

Yup, really. That label was not on the bottle I had, it was an open bottle at a restuarant. I guess they had it taken it off. Which means I did not see it and thought it would be hotter as some hot sauces are. That is, the green being hotter than the red. Up to then, I had never seen the green, I guess it just wasn't widely available in Canada. Same thing with the Tabasco Chipotle. I am sure if the label had been there, being able to read and all, I would not have expected a hotter sauce. Really.

• boodooboodoo 28 Posts
    what kind of back-teria can live in that shit?

• as with most things with chipotle, tabasko chipotle is not that good.

people need to get over chipotle. it kinda sucks. i think they're doin it wrong.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Oh, and the chipotle Tabasco is bomb.

yes, i consider that my baller bottle of hot sauce, on a daily basis though i rock your usual tapatio and cholula