jon lovitz kicked andy dick's ass

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
bigtimehttp://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=720357f1-f481-4b98-8362-92d1f728b0d4
Lovitz, 49, and Dick, 41, literally ran into each other at the vaunted comedy venue last Wednesday. Lovitz was still stewing over what he perceived as a tasteless Dick joke, in which the out-there comedian put "the Phil Hartman hex" on Lovitz, referring to the tragic murder of the former Saturday Night Live star by his drug-addled wife, who subsequently killed herself.Lovitz asked Dick to apologize for the remark. Dick didn't, according to witnesses."Jon lost his temper and took Andy's head by the hair and smashed it a couple of times on the bar in the lobby," Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada told E! Online Tuesday."Jon is a very gentle soul. It takes a lot to make him upset and we understood from everybody that Andy deserved what he got because you don't go around telling people 'I've got a spell on you and you're going to die.' [Dick] is known in the circle going around telling people he's the Prince of Darkness."
cracking jokes about phil hartman to a friend is pretty rotten. andy dick is such an ass.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    andy dick is such an ass.

this is awesome. all I have ever heard from people that met this guy is that he is a tasteless buffoon cokehead.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Wow.

Andy Dick gets on my goddamn nerves.

He once hit on a friend of mine at my weekly. Grabbed his ass and said "I'm looking for a young boy to come back with me to the hotel."

My friend said "Dude, I'm 30 years old!"

Andy Dick said "Oh, you have any young friends?"

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Andy Dick gets on my goddamn nerves.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i just can't even imagine JON LOVITZ of all people grabbing a dude by his hair and smashing his head bloody into a bar 5 times. I mean, JON LOVITZ??!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    WHERE IS THE VIDEO?????????

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    i just can't even imagine JON LOVITZ of all people grabbing a dude by his hair and smashing his head bloody into a bar 5 times. I mean, JON LOVITZ??!!

I was watching Bad Idea Jeans with some friends this weekend, and lamenting the death of Phil Hartman.

That is one that might never be funny.

RIP, Phil.

And, Fuck Andy Dick.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    LAWSUIT

ps
    andy dick deserves many beatdowns just for breatheing air

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    Yeah, Lovitz is Gansta!!! Andy Dickhead deserves a beat down, I'd love to see Lovitz bouncing his head off the bar!

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    What a tasteless, not funny joke. Phil Hartman was light years more talented than Andy Dick. Go Lovitz.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    this is great news because I hate andy dick and it makes me like Lovitz even more, dude is a champ.

• Lovitz indirectly blames Dick for Hartman's death because he gave Phil's wife cocaine after she had been sober for 10 years, 4 months before the murder/suicide.
    I would have loved to see Jon kicking some ass.
    He's champagne!

i'm not condoning the near murder of an obnoxious twerp (what does that guy weigh like 90lbs?). but it's weird to me that someone would have the gall to talk shit about a guy who he knew personally and worked with cloesly to one of his good friends. what the hell? talk about cold. it's not like andy dick didn't know phil hartman. he worked with him for years on newsradio! i'm sure lovitz feels shame and there will be some legal trouble, but i don't feel bad for andy dick at all. if someone pissed on my friend's grave i would probably freak out too, but probably not violently

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    FUCK ANDY DICK.

Let's make this a JON LOVITZ APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    He's champagne!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    any other Critic fans on here?

IMG src="http://screwyou.thezeroboss.com/archives/pictures/critic.bmp"/>

• any other Critic fans on here?

YESSSSSSSSSSs

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have an andy dick story -- for what it's worth.
    back in '95 I went to some loft party/underground in los angeles. at the end of the night my buddy was rapping with this dude - I had no idea who he was, but his 'girlfriend' was smoking, I mean SMOKING hot. He said his named was andy dick.
    Anyway.. andy wanted to go to some after hours house that I was familiar with in a shady neighborhood and I offered to drive him there. I wanted his girlfriend to go with too, but she didn't want to have anything to do with it - basically andy needed his coke fix.
    so, my friend and I drove him to this joint, he sat in the back seat of my car and the entire time told me he thought I was cute and wanted to fuck me. he kept saying 'I have a huge cock.' I'm not gay, and it got a bit uncomfortable after a while because he's an annoying dude.
    so we get to this after hours place, which was basically a crack house for late-niters. there was a room with a jukebox in the back, a main living room with a couple of couches where they served soda pop, beer and coke. my buddy and I don't do coke, but andy got busy for sure. it was about 5am and andy kept saying that he thought I was a narc for some reason.
    like clockwork as soon it turned daylight the cops knocked on the door, and everybody left. andy was shitting himself.. he thought he was going to be arrested.
    the cops just let everyone go to this day I think it was an inside operation and the cops got a %
    anyway, my buddy and I left and andy had someone pick him up or left with someone, I can't really remember.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    You think I don't appreciate art? You think I don't understand fashion? You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd? A lard-ass fat-so? You think I'm shit? Well, you're wrong, 'cause i'm champagne, and you're shit. Until the day you die, you, not me, will always be shit.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Yes, I know Marty personally.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd?

Basically

• oripsorips 238 Posts

Yes, I know Marty personally.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/IainBoulton/critic3000.jpg" alt="" />
    The father was the best character. "The peanut is neither a pea, nor a nut. Oh wait, it is a nut."

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Lovitz indirectly blames Dick for Hartman's death because he gave Phil's wife cocaine after she had been sober for 10 years, 4 months before the murder/suicide.

Hearing that tidbit makes his "joke" even that much more of a tasteless low blow.

I've actually been in 'Phil Harman Appreciation' mode for the past few months, cherishing up old Newsradio and SNL jammies (I won't get started on his contribution to the Simpsons). He was always my favorite of that SNL era with Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Victoria Jackson, Kevin Nealon, etc. God, his game show hosts. Or that dating game skit where he had lipstick smeared on his face, "First, I would push you to the ground ...". The Player With Yourselves Club. While the "stars" could be hit or miss, Phil Hartman was always rock solid. (And this ain't a eulogy ... I held that opinion when he was still alive).

Hearing that Andy Dick was even remotely connected the events that lead up to Hartman's death ... damn. I wouldn't go so far as to put blame on him because who could've predicted what Phil's wife would eventually do? But he should still know better than to ever utter Phil Hartman's name in a joke, especially one that directly references his death.

F*ck an Andy Dick.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    tasteless Dick joke

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

YESSSSSSSSSSs

• Lovitz indirectly blames Dick for Hartman's death because he gave Phil's wife cocaine after she had been sober for 10 years, 4 months before the murder/suicide.

Hearing that tidbit makes his "joke" even that much more of a tasteless low blow.

I've actually been in 'Phil Harman Appreciation' mode for the past few months, cherishing up old Newsradio and SNL jammies (I won't get started on his contribution to the Simpsons). He was always my favorite of that SNL era with Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Victoria Jackson, Kevin Nealon, etc. God, his game show hosts. Or that dating game skit where he had lipstick smeared on his face, "First, I would push you to the ground ...". The Player With Yourselves Club. While the "stars" could be hit or miss, Phil Hartman was always rock solid. (And this ain't a eulogy ... I held that opinion when he was still alive).

Hearing that Andy Dick was even remotely connected the events that lead up to Hartman's death ... damn. I wouldn't go so far as to put blame on him because who could've predicted what Phil's wife would eventually do? But he should still know better than to ever utter Phil Hartman's name in a joke, especially one that directly references his death.

F*ck an Andy Dick.

Some more back-story in this NY POST article:

COMIC CLOBBERS COMIC IN L.A.

IT was fight night at an L.A. comedy club last week when Jon Lovitz roughed up Andy Dick over the murder of their "Saturday Night Live" colleague, Phil Hartman.

Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada, who witnessed the assault, said, "Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of his nose." Lovitz told Page Six, "All the comedians are glad I did it because this guy is a [bleep]hole."

Lovitz and Dick have been at loggerheads since a 1997 Christmas party at Hartman's house, five months before his troubled wife Brynn flipped out, fatally shooting Hartman, then killing herself. "Andy was doing cocaine, and he gave Brynn some after she had been sober for 10 years. Phil was furious about it - and then five months later he's dead," said Lovitz, adding that when he filled in on Hartman's "Newsradio" sitcom, "I told Andy, 'I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine.' "

Last year, Lovitz related, a drunken Dick strolled up to his table at Ago in West Hollywood, rudely downed his guests' peach liqueur drinks, and "looked at me and said, 'I put the "Phil Hartman hex" on you - you're the next one to die.' I said, 'What did you say?' and he repeated it. I wanted to punch his face in, but I don't hit women."

When the two ran into each other at the Laugh Factory last Wednesday, "I wanted him to say he was sorry for the 'Phil Hartman hex,' " Lovitz told us. "First he says, 'I don't remember saying that.' Then he leans in and says, 'You know why I said it? Because you said I killed Phil Hartman.' Which I never said. Then he asked me to be in his new movie.

"I grabbed him by the shirt and leaned him over and said, 'I don't want to be in your movie! I don't want to be in your life!' I pushed him against the rail. Then I pushed him again really hard. A security guard broke it up. I'm not proud of it . . . but he's a disgusting human being." Dick's rep said he had no comment.

Dick's weirdness has been well documented. Last year, he licked the faces of Farrah Fawcett, Carrie Fisher and Patton Oswalt, then groped and bit the hand of Post reporter Mandy Stadtmiller at a comedy-festival taping.

[/quote}

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

I said peas Jay.... with those little pearl onions

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Lovitz is one of my favorites. Dude kind of flies under the radar and I can't stand Andy Dick, great story!

don't forget Artie Ziff

i love this

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You think I don't appreciate art? You think I don't understand fashion? You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd? A lard-ass fat-so? You think I'm shit? Well, you're wrong, 'cause i'm champagne, and you're shit. Until the day you die, you, not me, will always be shit.

I finally watched that movie (Happiness) all the way through last week -- and while it was pretty risque, man I could have gone without all the pederast stuff. Sure, it was a realistic portrayal -- those sicks fucks also have a "good side," but I felt so creeped out by the end.

Maybe this little incident will start a new trend, where Andy Dick gets his ass beat a few more times in public. There should be no plave in Hollywood for this douche. He should go back to Joliet, Ill. where he belongs.