FRANCE

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Gimme some good insights of France. Some negatives, some positives?I think I want to move there in the next year.I just saw Sicko.

Comments

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    positives:

fromage
    art
    history
    quality of life

negatives:

learning a new language
    american hate

I cant think of any more negatives then that. Opal cars?. shit I dont know.
    the positives outweighs the negatives. even the fromage outweighs the negatives alone.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

negatives:

american hate

well, then we have something in common.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    wamp wamp

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    are you guys posting from the same room? this is hilarious

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    are you guys posting from the same room? this is hilarious

hahaha...same cafe. But in different parts... BOZAK FALL BACK!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hello, Elise...

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

we were planning on sitting together but I got to the cafe late. some dude playing world of warcraft on an alienware laptop beat me to the chair accross from e***e.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Hello, Elise...

Hello Fine Sir...

Whats up? You have been on some "now you see me now you don't" steez.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

we were planning on sitting together but I got to the cafe late. some dude playing world of warcraft on an alienware laptop beat me to the chair accross from e***e.

AWWWWWWW sausage stories....

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    abe froeman

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Paging Bapt...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

negatives:

learning a new language

This is a negative?

On the positive side, it's not a myth - it is a whole nother level of sexiness there. I can't even explain it, but I can tell you I am smiling.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    so france......

If I were to move there I would find the small town outside of paris where Matisse lived and check that out. When I was in Paris opening up for Boy George (psych yo mind your booty shine) I kept hearing of this towns lush countrysides, local farms, and relaxed nature. Being close to paris, and Boy George shows, is of course a bonus.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

On the positive side, it's not a myth - it is a whole nother level of sexiness there. I can't even explain it, but I can tell you I am smiling.

why are you smiling, are you there?

and plaese to expound on the sexiness.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    positives:

fromage
    art
    history
    quality of life

negatives:

Nicolas Sarkozy[/b]

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    american hate

this is a pretty serious drawback. in a lot of countries people are like "well yeah we hatt on the US government's foreign policy, but hey thanks for stopping by! now let's talk about American movies, music, etc."

in France on the other hand, many folls seem to hatt the game and the player.

it can be annoying.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

negatives:

learning a new language

This is a negative?

Naw, definitly not. Just saying to some it may be a hassle thats all.

personally I would love to learn japanese. I would consider it one of the major accomplishments of the last few years for me if I could pull that off. "They" say, as you get older its harder to learn languages. I can speak from my experience trying to pick up spanish that I think there is some truth to that. at the time, trying to learn spanish was a depressing experience.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    positives;
    good food
    good people (bapt, chez youri, french attack)
    good records (chez youri, bapt, french attack)
    good scenery, museums, sightseeing

negatives;
    language barrier (at times, as long as you're polite you'll get through)
    dog shit on the streets

BAPT IS THAT MUTHERFUCKIN' DUDE

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    There's a lot of good french people out there, especially in other cities like Toulousse, Bourdeaux, and Nantes but yeah PARISIANS aside from the group I was with really aren't trying to show any love to outsiders. But that's how it goes when traveling.

why are you smiling, are you there?

and plaese to expound on the sexiness.

I am smiling because I have been there and am reminiscing.
    I just said I can't put it into words!

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    in France on the other hand, many folls seem to hatt the game and the player.

The hatt gets spread around, though, it aint only americans that catch it. I think as an etranger in general, you'll catch it.

add to the hate... taxes.

With that said, the positives outweigh the negatives to a staggering degree. Pays Basque - I'd love to retire there.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Of the cities I've been to, I'd actually rate Paris second on the sexiness scale, after Montreal. I think there's something in the water up there.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    so france......

If I were to move there I would find the small town outside of paris where Matisse lived and check that out.
    Did you mean Monet ? Because Matisse spent most of his life in Paris and Nice I think.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hello, Elise...

Hello Fine Sir...

Whats up? You have been on some "now you see me now you don't" steez.

Bobbing a weaving etc, you know how I do. I am finally getting around to responding to all my Myspace messages today

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    you'll probably need a visa no? isn't that a pretty complicated process?

I do not speak French well at all and had no problems in Paris. I found people to be totally patient and helpful and somehow they all knew to speak to me in English as opposed to Italian or Spanish or Arabic or Portugese or any other number of languages that may have possibly been my first language. How is it apparent??!!
    I was really trying to do it and folks even humoured me when I asked for them to speak to me in French despite the fact I was annihilating the language.
    I got lost a couple of times and people spent a good amount of time with me looking at the map and trying to get me situated.

I was warned over and over again that folks were going to be difficult, etc. and I did not find that at all.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

Or an EU passport. Still complicated, but perhaps easier to get.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    so france......

If I were to move there I would find the small town outside of paris where Matisse lived and check that out.
    Did you mean Monet ? Because Matisse spent most of his life in Paris and Nice I think.

thanks for the correction.

hate to do this but NICE is nice. Liked my time there. I guess im fairly impressed any time I leave the states tho.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

Or an EU passport. Still complicated, but perhaps easier to get.

going to australi was fukn eazy. I just filled out an online form (filling in 5 fields) and was done in about 3 minutes.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Are you willing to really MASTER the language ?