Obvious O.G. Top40 Rap Samples

Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I know this is mad corny for all you breakbeatraers... but school a young blood like myself up on some obvious O.G. top 40 rap samples...

For Example:
Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots (Will Smith - Men in Black)
Teddy Pendergrass - Love TKO (Ahmad - Back In The Day)
David Bowie - Let's Dance (Puff Daddy - Been Around The World)
Mtume - Juicy Fruit (Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy)
Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love (Mariah Carey - Who Do You Love)
Dynasty - Adventures in the Land of Music (Camp Lo - Luchini)
The Isley Brothers - Between The Sheets (B.I.G. - Big Poppa)
etc..

Have some fun with this...

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I agree, it's mad corny so... let's move to the next topic.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I agree, it's mad corny so... let's move to the next topic.

Wow... lets be kind around here okay... Ed may be able to help you with something in the future... Ed you need to check out everything at the-breaks.com... I know you have probably been there but they have the stuff you need...

Anyone with Extra P as thier avatar cant be all bad or all green when it comes to this...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Have some fun with this...

it's surprisingly difficult to think off the top but one thing's certain.. puffy has this category locked.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    This thread could turn into a quality verse quantity debate... or rare verse common does not always equal good argument...

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts

Wow... lets be kind around here okay... Ed may be able to help you with something in the future... Ed you need to check out everything at the-breaks.com... I know you have probably been there but they have the stuff you need...

Yeah, i've been to The-Breaks.com, but the thing of it is, i'm not looking for anything in particular, just anything people want to throw out. I'm down for whatever!

The sole purpose of this was just for people to have fun and reminisce on some good music. Ya dig? Good looks BTW on the reply to johmbolaya.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Lyn Collins - Think
    Herbie Hancock / Headhunters - Chameleon, Watermelon Man