rep your OUTDOOR SUMMER CONCERT

captainplanetcaptainplanet 626 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Saw FRUKO Y SUS TESOS last night. The show had me feeling great. It's a rare thing to see so many people feeling so good in a public place. Maaad old school salseros coming out, grampa with cane in hand gettin down, all types and all ages. This is what summer is all about. last summer's highlight was:coming up:Arrested Development on Thursday, July 19th from 7pm - 8:30pm at Herbert Von King Park in Brooklyn andDead Prez & Smiff N Wessun on Tuesday, July 24th from 7pm - 8:30 at Red Hook Park in Brooklyn.alsoLauren Hill on Monday, August 6th at 7:30 PM at Wingate FieldWHAT ELSE?

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    black moon and sean price on weds. july 18th in crown heights

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    8/8 de la soul
    8/9 doug e fresh, slick rick, sugarhill gang, big daddy kane, trouble funk, whodini

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just picked up Orchestra seats for Faux Rillz and I. The wine spritzers will be flowing. Believe that.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Damn! Where was the Fruko show? Too bad I missed it, oh well...

So far I caught the Richie Havens (not bad for an old man), and Rewind: South African Cantata (taken from testaments to the Truth and Reconciliation Comittee after apartheid, really powerful, a lot of people cried listening to the testimonies) bill. I saw RAMP and Cinematic Orchestra, wifey would've rather sit under a tree and drink beers at Central Park than watching 77 drummers, too bad the pictures looked interesting. But it was the better move as I doubt my wife and kids would've wanted to stand in line for a long time, to then maybe not be let in. Saw the Brooklyn Philharmonic on Saturday night, they were good, really cohesive.

Next up:
    Saturday July 28, Boricua Festival with Tito Rojas and the Joe Cuba Sextet! and some other people

Sunday July 29, Wild Style 25th Anniversary Reunion
    The Chief Rocker Busy Bee
    The Cold Crush Brothers
    GrandMaster Caz
    DJ GrandWizzard Theodore
    Fab 5 Freddy + special guests

August 4: Spanish Harlem Orchestra

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    sheesh.
    wish i'd known about fruko.
    i miss him every year.

peace.