The Crazzziest Things Ever Sold On EBAY!!

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I Remember watching this one when it was listed.Ghost In a Jar As the story goes, the seller of this item found a rotted wooden box while metal detecting. Inside were two glass jars and a journal. One of the jars was accidentally dropped, causing a black mist of some sort to be released. The other jar and the journal were taken home, and the seller proceeded to be haunted by something he could only describe as "The Black Thing." Wishing to pass the jar (and the ghost) on to someone else, he put the still unopened jar on eBay, insisting that only serious bidders would be considered. People must have loved the story, because there were well over 60 bids placed. Unfortunately, not all of them were serious, because the selling price topped $90 million. No word as to who finally wound up with the jar, or if they too had supernatural visitors. Since this auction, there have been many, many more "ghost in a jar" items posted on eBay. ummmm... i also remember some years back when Prof X of the X-clan sold himself on ebay for one night, forget how much he sold for that was a odd auction.

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    My friend sold a haunted doll.

Wasn't Napoleon's cockis on there?

• anyone ever sell their virginity?

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    When people were paying top dollar for Brainfreeze 45's which in turn made people pay more for shit Shadow had sampled - I put up a "DJ Shadow - Actual Human Being For Sale" auction which I got a lot of angry emails about. I said some funny shit in the description - I guess fans didn't think it was so funny. I think it got up to about $97.00 or something like that before ebay took it down.

• here is a couple funny ones

Last hot dog sold at the last Montreal Expos game
    Number of bids: 142
    Amount it sold for: $2,142
    It's just your basic hot dog, but it also represents the end of an era, at least for one die-hard Montreal Expos fan. Supposedly, it is the last $1 wiener sold at the teams' very last baseball game. Finally, the Expos made some money. But this is a case of too little, too late.

Virginity
    Number of bids: 17
    Amount it sold for: Highest bid was $10,000,000 (whether it truly sold is unknown)
    It's something that we all have (or had at some point), so virginity is pretty self-explanatory. Based on the highest reported bid, I'm going to have to call this one a joke, at least as far as the bidding goes. I just hope that kid got laid. If he made a buck in the process, good for him.

One night with someone's wife
    Number of bids: 0
    Amount it sold for: $15,000 minimum not met

She's 5'7", 115 pounds, blonde, with a 36C chest, and she's for sale. No, she's not a hooker, just some guy's wife. Well, it turns out that no matter how you slice it, selling your wife for sexual services is prostitution. Since eBay isn't a pimp, this sale didn't actually go through. Was it for real? Probably. I'll bet you can think of more than a few guys who'd sell their wives for less than $15,000.