That new T.I. album

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Sold 480,000 records in it's first week... I guess him beating someone's ass at that industry luncheon was a good look after all...

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...e=1&fpart=1

here's the SS collective's thoughts.

actually its from before the album came out, but i'm pretty sure theres a thread somewherre.

its not a classic.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Dude still sold 480,000 records... I didn't think he was gonna break 200,000...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Dude still sold 480,000 records... I didn't think he was gonna break 200,000...

That must be 480,000 people who didn't download it first.

I ain't mad at TI though. Get that paper, just make a better album next time.

• Dude still sold 480,000 records... I didn't think he was gonna break 200,000...

That must be 480,000 people who didn't download it first.

I ain't mad at TI though. Get that paper, just make a better album next time.

You have to admit those numbers are impressive as hell for an artist whose material is CRAZY downloaded. I guess thank goodness for the 'burbs?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    those are solid sales for sure

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    As much as dudes on the web and in the skreets were kind of panning "Big Things Pappin" and the Wyclef shit the videos have been getting crazy rotation.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yes those are nice numbers... i am curious to know how many of those were bought by atlantic to ensure he goes platinum though. We'll know next week.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    As much as dudes on the web and in the skreets were kind of panning "Big Things Pappin" and the Wyclef shit the videos have been getting crazy rotation.

Definitely some good sales numbers. I was in Kmart the other day and Big Shit Poppin' was playin' on the muzak (err, the pg13 version of course). Big Shit Poppin' plays on ESPN religiously these days. The man is doing well for himself! Getting that Kmart dough even!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i am curious to know how many of those were bought by atlantic to ensure he goes platinum though.

You have to admit those numbers are impressive as hell for an artist whose material is CRAZY downloaded. I guess thank goodness for the 'burbs?

why because there's no internet service in the burbs?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The skreets down here ain't mad at TI's album.

But those same skreets might have called Lil Boosie's album the best of last year.

Take it how you want it.

Take it how you want it.

get it how you know I want you to know how I want to take it?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Take it how you want it.

Is that Castro rap?

Take it how you want it.

Is that Castro rap?

it is what you want to come and take it how you want it.