A.R. & Machines - Gr??ne Reise OG check

piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I just copped this and I would like to know which pressing it is. label looks like this Cat Nr. is 2459057. runout groove engravements say 1971. Sleeve looks old and the smell test is positive.I know about two pressings 1971/1976, but I don??t know what I have here.Popsike and ebay search did not really help me. Someone please to drop knowledge.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Can't help you with OG/repop info, but that's a great album from what I remember.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    From what I remember, the opening track on this is the "Foreplay/Long Time" of krautrock.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have an OG of the next LP "Echo" and the label has the red/black/white Polydor logo on the label, its not just red and black..dont know if that helps...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I can verify once I get home tonight.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I can verify once I get home tonight.

yes please.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i just copped that for $5 a while back (along with the first Clark Hutchinson..was a good day for weird geetar)

i'll take a look when i get home.. but im pretty sure my cover has one of those "nice price" type stickers on it .

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Just to illustrate my point:

This copy was sold on ebay as original from 71 and has the three colour polydor logo on the label

another copy with this label was sold as 2nd issue (1976?)

Not sure, if this information is correct, but these two pressings look slightly different compared to mine. I don??t know about later pressings than 76 and my copy looks old.

Anyone with the final knowledge regarding this psych-kraut masterpiece?