Turntable trouble (need knowledge dropped related)

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i'm getting a weak and inconsistant signal through the headshell and/or tone arm.I did ol' lick the connection point thing and messed with it to make it work but it seems like it needs a special cleaning or something?..new headshells?( i have the blue ortophone jammies),new 1200's?(these are over 10 yrs. old)..any greatly appreciated..Peace-A

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Take a pencil eraser to them shits.
    It's done the trick for me a couple times.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Take a pencil eraser to them shits.
    It's done the trick for me a couple times.

true it does work sometimes...

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    i agree on the eraser deal, are they the ortofon concordes? the concordes have a flat connection piece on the headshell as opposed to pointed ones on other headshells and tend to wear down quicker. you been playing out/on different tables with these at all? are the tables old?

i switched from the ortofon concordes to the om (headshell mountable) version of ortofon for this exact reason, playing out i was having a hella time getting good connections with the concorde style.

the last things to check is that when you are switching needles, make sure to unscrew the nut on the tonearm all the way backuntil it clicks before inserting and tightening the headshell.

good lucks!