We're getting crank calls!!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Multiple calls in a row every two days or so for the past two weeks. Thought it was some redial mistake from someone's cell at first. Very old school - either quick hang-ups or heavy breathing and then hang-up. There's been some radio sounds and dudette/dude is apparently a multi-tasker - today s/he left three messages while washing dishes.I don't have call display and just took the block off *69 (last number to call in feature). I am just hoping mouth-breather has not put block on her/his number.Not even sure if these calls are meant for me or Man.

Comments

• oh.... sorry 'bout that.

rootless told me you were into that kind of thing.

my bad!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    damn baby, you're willing to spend long-distance charges just to hear me hang up in your ear?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    damn baby, you're willing to spend long-distance charges just to hear me hang up in your ear?

joke's on you. dizzy is on that hyphy Skyp-e. get familiar.

joke's on you. dizzy is on that hyphy Skyp-e[/b]. get familiar.

I should, because I have no idea what that is.

• damn baby, you're willing to spend long-distance charges just to hear me hang up in your ear?

joke's on you. dizzy is on that hyphy Skyp-e[/b]. get familiar.

I should, because I have no idea what that is.

I think its like when you talk over the internets!

New development! The caller has/knows a baby.

This is too strange - in all seriousness, is it possible for a cell to keep redialing a number by mistake? It doesn't explain the fact that I can hear the person on the other end, but what's the hell? Five calls (messages) in two hours of just background sounds and breathing?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    in all seriousness, is it possible for a cell to keep redialing a number by mistake?

yes. see "acccidental cell phone calls" thread from a few weeks ago.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Maybe it's supertoaster trying to "punch
    your ovaries" with his mind? Do you feel
    any sort of twinge down there when on the
    phone?

• Ten cents a share. Telephone sold for five cents a share. How would you like something better for ten cents a share? If five gets ya ten, ten'll get ya twenty. A beautiful home in the country, upstairs and down. Beer flowing through the estate over your grandmother's paisley shawl.

Beer! Fishing in the stream that runs under the aboreal dell. A man comes up from the bar, dumps $3,500 in your lap for every nickel invested. Says to you, "Sign here on the dotted line." And then disappears in the waving fields of alfalfa.

Maybe it's supertoaster trying to "punch
    phone?

!!!!! lmho...

I thought it was the flu!

Anyway - here's hoping I expose the culprit tonight.

• Maybe it's supertoaster trying to "punch
    phone?

!!!!! lmho...

I thought it was the flu!

HAHAHA... I don't know why that reply is cracking me up!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Maybe the caller is a toddler ??? My GFs nephew who is about two, is totally obsessed by phones, mobile or otherwise along with the TV remote for some reason !

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

quote]

Maybe the caller is a toddler ??? My GFs nephew who is about two, is totally obsessed by phones, mobile or otherwise along with the TV remote for some reason !

Winner.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Could it be The_Mack?! I remember you guys had a thing for each other back then.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Yes, my 2 year old nephew is completely mesmorized by cell phones and remotes. I've gotten calls from him before much like those described in this thread.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Yes, my 2 year old nephew is completely mesmorized by cell phones and remotes. I've gotten calls from him before much like those described in this thread.

Sound anything like this?

Good Cop, Baby Cop

LOL - Adorable questionable parenting!
    Is that his kid?

Yea - it never occurred to me that it could be a kid and if so, there are a few suspects I can think of!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I got a hang-up call from a toddler last week. A woman with a child had my roommate on speed dial and the baby hit the right two buttons. That's the likely scenario.

Keeping that in mind, don't swear loudly into the phone. Not any more than you already have, I mean.

• Anyone ever get Crink calls?

kala, I'm looking in your direction.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I live for moments like this, i turn the tables really quick. Make puking or dying sounds when they are breathing in your ear or go buy a whistle. Next time they hang out on the line too long let a few seconds roll by then blow the whistle as loud as you can.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I live for moments like this, i turn the tables really quick. Make puking or dying sounds when they are breathing in your ear or go buy a whistle. Next time they hang out on the line too long let a few seconds roll by then blow the whistle as loud as you can.

=child abuse. For shame.

( )