I'm moving to Brooklyn today

dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Clinton Hill. Flying out of SD this afternoon, getting in around nine in the PM. All my BK/NY heads, I'ma get atcha.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Welcome!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    huh? really?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Gonna need photographic proof of you standing on cosmo with dj premier in a headlock on flatbush avenue holding today's newspaper before I believe you.

good luck, meng. keep your floor clean so I can sleep on it.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Welcome.

By my calculations that now makes 62 strutters in BK.

TIME FOR A BRAEKFACE REVIVAL! IN PARK SLOPE!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Come holler at me in the shop. I had no idea! On to bigger and better.

Welcome!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Good luck on the east coast man, hope you still find some time to come back out and visit.

People treat this man well, he is good peoples

• Good luck on the east coast man, hope you still find some time to com,e back out and visit.

People treat this man well, he is good peoples

Yep.

I'm gonna miss this dude.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Welcome.

It can happen. I was thinking the same thing, but I got tired of only like, 5 dudes coming out on the regular besides the guests and their peoples. I mean, it's not like the announcements page even gets that many looks anymore.

Maybe we can do some artistic 77 DJs shit?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Welcome.

It can happen. I was thinking the same thing, but I got tired of only like, 5 dudes coming out on the regular besides the guests and their peoples. I mean, it's not like the announcements page even gets that many looks anymore.

Maybe we can do some artistic 77 DJs shit?

77 DJs each bring 1 friend. That would be a party. Or maybe a sausagefest. Either way... avoid leaning away from the speaker and folding your arms which can be interpreted as a lack of interest.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    welcome to the borough to which I rest my head. remember to look both ways before crossing

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    welcome! one little thing. no records in brooklyn.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    los gatos to bklyn.....so national

• welcome! one little thing. no records in brooklyn.

I recall record stores in Bed Stuy and Crown Heights that had some random, weird, interesting stuff. It's been near 5 years since I lived there tho.

Bed Stuy & Crown Heights record stores could only contain "weird & interesting" stock if that is how you would describe Soca and Dancehall 12"s and the occasional reggae reissue.

• Bed Stuy & Crown Heights record stores could only contain "weird & interesting" stock if that is how you would describe Soca and Dancehall 12"s and the occasional reggae reissue.

Yeah, there's that. Or I meant more like there were some little junk / collectables type stores with some worthwhile jazz and other miscellaneous stuff.

Brooklyn is tremendously fun. I'm jealous.

Hmm. We may be talking about different places. I can't imagine "collectibles" shops in the Stuy 5 years ago. Sounds like Park Slope.

• Hmm. We may be talking about different places. I can't imagine "collectibles" shops in the Stuy 5 years ago. Sounds like Park Slope.

A friend got an Eldridge Cleaver album in some hardware type store on Malcolm X in Bed Stuy. We got some jazz, disco and a Bollywood that I actually like down on Fulton also in Bed Stuy. And there was some little downstairs junk / record store in Crown Heights with some 45s. Probably not there anymore, but I'm sure there are others if you hunt.

A lot of that shit is gone now. Israel is still on Fulton/Franklin.

Things done changed though. He will now say, in the most peaceful and calm voice, "I want $60 for that."

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Good luck on the east coast man, hope you still find some time to com,e back out and visit.

People treat this man well, he is good peoples [/quote

Hella cool peeps...

Have a safe trip. Hopefully me and my girl can make it out there next year and check you out. Maybe you'll be like one of my boys who moved there from cali and all of a sudden talk NY slang with an NY accent. That would be some funny shit.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Clinton Hill. Flying out of SD this afternoon, getting in around nine in the PM. All my BK/NY heads, I'ma get atcha.

I just got here last weekend and i'm on the hunt for an apartment with the Mrs.

I f anyone knows of anything in the slope/cobble/carrol/boerum/ft.greene areas - HOLLA!!!

• Options
    Clinton Hill. Flying out of SD this afternoon, getting in around nine in the PM.

So whaddaya think of the neighborhood so far?

Welcome.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    GO BACK TO OHIO

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    GO BACK TO OHIO
    in all caps, too?
    the homie dstill will work you, son.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words urrbody. Just got in and kinda unpacked, watching The Limey. It's muggy as a m'fucker, but ice water on the stoop of brownstone is what's up. Definitely be getting at you dudes once my shit's all in order.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Welcome.

looks like you better start getting those free promo t-shirts together to hand out for payment for the guys who spin.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Congrats S******, good luck with everything out there! Couldn't happen to a more talented DJ. Your UNFADEABLE mix is what's really. NYC heads, this dude will fukin destroy a set, trust me.

I'm sure I'll run into you if I'm evar visiting NYC again. Cheers and best of luck with the career!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    welcome to BK